Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
£30m. Are you being serious?

He is worth way more than 30 million to us, his assists alone have kept us in the Premier League for several years.
I would move heaven and earth to keep him, He is one of my favorite players ever for the Albion, he quietly goes about his work a great team player and roll model.

Please stay Pascal. :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In terms of value, Groß is the sort of player who could play well into his mid/late 30’s because he’s got no pace to lose, he is outrageously fit and plays the game ‘in his head’. He has at least 4 years at EPL level to go so I’m hoping the £30m figure is there or there abouts.

£30m, what world are you living in! As much as l love Pascal Gross he isn't worth anything like that figure, certainly not at this stage of his career.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He is worth way more than 30 million to us, his assists alone have kept us in the Premier League for several years.
I would move heaven and earth to keep him, He is one of my favorite players ever for the Albion, he quietly goes about his work a great team player and roll model.

One of my favourite players too, for precisely the reasons that you give, but Pascal won't be going anywhere anytime soon, certainly not to Liverpool.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
£30m, what world are you living in! As much as l love Pascal Gross he isn't worth anything like that figure, certainly not at this stage of his career.

30 million is a figure we simply won't get for Pascal, I agree.
But what would it cost to get a replacement ? and let's say we get between 10-18 million for him, that is a decent return for the outlay initially.
However we want to progress as a club, we must try and keep him, because what we would get for him, won't get us a decent replacement without luck.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Agreed, he is an important member of the squad. I’d like to think we could cope without him though given the strength of the squad and future signings.
Whatever the case The £30m figure is ridiculous.
It reminded me of when a group on here said JFC was worth at least £5m and aggressively shouted down anyone who said otherwise!
As for Gross Liverpool rumour - it’s almost so outlandish that you wonder if there’s something in it….

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If they - again against all odds - sign Pascal, it wont be for £30m. In case they sign him it would be to get a good player without paying too much money. If they want to spend £30m on a player they would go for something else, presumably someone a bit younger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, he's lots of people's favourite player, a Brighton legend, p-e-r-lease don't go Pascal .............................

So much for the buy, use (or develop in case of younger players) and move on for a profit sustainability model, eh? If Liverpool are offering £30M (which, TBH, I very much doubt) we'd be mad not to take it. We are in to promoting and progressing from within, are we not? We have four young CMs (5 if you count Mac Allister, who's more of a no.10) all of whom are full internationals clamouring for a place in the side. Plus Jenks and Richards who may well be pushing after this next season. We're going to lose some of them if they don't get to play - and that could come back to bite us even more than 'losing' a 30 year old for a shedload of money.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical - for those in the 'Please don't leave, Pascal, we're doomed without you' camp - don't worry, you're likely to get your way because the idea of Liverpool offering £30M is, IMHO, bullshit.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It’s not so much how much someone is willing to pay for him more how much he would cost to replace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed, he is an important member of the squad. I’d like to think we could cope without him though given the strength of the squad and future signings.

A strong case can me made for Pascal being the only reason we're still a Premier League club for any of the last 4 seasons.

What makes you think that would be so different in the 5th season?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As for Gross Liverpool rumour - it’s almost so outlandish that you wonder if there’s something in it….

There was some talk, if l remember rightly, after Pascal's first season with us of a possible interest from Liverpool, but that was before Klopp's tenure, and Liverpool play a very different style of football now. Gross is a few years older too!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A strong case can me made for Pascal being the only reason we're still a Premier League club for any of the last 4 seasons.

A posse of young full international CMs queuing up to take his place, that we didn't have for most of the past four seasons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well yes, but a case could be made for Glenn Murray too, as he was the man who converted all the chances that Pascal laid on for him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
£30 million?! :lolol: We'd take that and run!

Last summer Liverpool paid £20 million plus add on's for world class 29 year old Champions League, Bundesliga and La Liga winning midfielder Thiago who also had one year left on his contract.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

The only reason ? I think dunk, murray, bissouma, and a few others might have something to say about that.

But I’d agree he’s played an Important role…

I would say he is no longer as influential game-to-game as he once was and is now more of a versatile, ultility player.
That is because the quality and depth of the squad has improved. He is no Bissouma (20/21 version) and I think macallister could drop a litttle deeper and overtake him next season. That’s before you get to Moder and Caicedo and whoever else we sign. Gross remains probably our best deliverer of a set piece, but the standard isn’t great . He is no Ward-Prowse for example.
Whether he now goes or stays we will be fine next season. But if we didn’t have him in season one we would have gone down. That is the difference imho.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s not so much how much someone is willing to pay for him more how much he would cost to replace.

The logic would be that his replacement is already here, in the squad (and whoever that is, they're already a full international). So, how much would it would cost to replace him is irrelevant.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
£30 million?! :lolol: We'd take that and run!

Last summer Liverpool paid £20 million plus add on's for world class 29 year old Champions League, Bundesliga and La Liga winning midfielder Thiago who also had one year left on his contract.

Obviously it’d be a ludicrous fee that wouldn’t happen but he’s worth more than that to us. That’s the conundrum.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’d actually be more comfortable selling Biss or Ben White in some ways as we are going to get top top dollar for those guys. For Gross, as we all agree.. A figure like £30m is just not realistic. So Liverpool would be looking for a cheap fee but probably double his wages.

At the end of last season I’d have been fairly relaxed about Gross going. But the way he changed his game with entirely new roles last season for GP was pretty incredible. It’s nice in a way if bigger clubs have noted his performances.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There was some talk, if l remember rightly, after Pascal's first season with us of a possible interest from Liverpool, but that was before Klopp's tenure, and Liverpool play a very different style of football now. Gross is a few years older too!

:mad:

When Pascal G signed for the Albion (in the summer of 2017) Klopp had already been at Liverpool for two seasons!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If nothing else, moving Pascal on will help with our xG problem.

We'll create fewer chances (to subsequently miss) without his creativity in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here