Happy birthday, Pascal !

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Now reported in the express it seems (according to someone other than me as I couldn't possibly view that Tory comic), quoting the well loved source "according to reports"

There is a link to the original story from the BBC website so it’s clearly a level up from those usual BS rumour sites.

It would be very sad to see him go but we do have a number of replacements, I think Mac Allister is a similar player in many ways and Moder’s corner yesterday was quite brilliant and almost impossible not to score from. You get the impression that Liverpool would have to pay a big fee, which for a 30year old, could be good business for us.

Whatever happens - he is an Amex & EPL legend for us:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is a link to the original story from the BBC website so it’s clearly a level up from those usual BS rumour sites.

It would be very sad to see him go but we do have a number of replacements, I think Mac Allister is a similar player in many ways and Moder’s corner yesterday was quite brilliant and almost impossible not to score from. You get the impression that Liverpool would have to pay a big fee, which for a 30year old, could be good business for us.

Well that's you on the list.

Pascal stays - end of.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’m not sure paying £30m for a 30 year old is in FSG, Edwards or Klopp’s game plan.
Let’s be honest and genuinely with no disrespect, I’m sure LFC could find someone more suited to the style of play they play than pascal, even if he may think it’s time to move on upwards in his career.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is this 'more suited to their style' bollox'?

Isn't landing the ball or Salah's toe 6 yards from goal not Liverpool's style?
Or
Planting the ball square in the middle of VVD's forehead from EVERY corner not Liverpool's style?
Or
Groß turning two opposition players leaving Sane in acres of space not Liverpool's style?

Just because we are shite at making the most of Pascal it doesn't follow every other team would be as inept.

Moot point as it's a Ravens at the Tower type situation.
If Pascal leaves the club will fall.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1404693656267739141[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In terms of value, Groß is the sort of player who could play well into his mid/late 30’s because he’s got no pace to lose, he is outrageously fit and plays the game ‘in his head’. He has at least 4 years at EPL level to go so I’m hoping the £30m figure is there or there abouts.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We either look to extend his contract or let him go. Not sure that the tens of millions talked about is very likely but like others have said, he does lay goals on a plate from either dead ball or in play, and can score goals, and has the best Gross Turn in the business. To us he has been priceless and probably one of the best value for money signings we ever made. Overall I’d like to keep him.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
PG is top class. I wouldn't deny him a big move, but of all our players he's the one I'd want to keep. whilst we have potential replacements we'd miss him most I think. He is also pretty versatile.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In terms of value, Groß is the sort of player who could play well into his mid/late 30’s because he’s got no pace to lose, he is outrageously fit and plays the game ‘in his head’. He has at least 4 years at EPL level to go so I’m hoping the £30m figure is there or there abouts.

£30m. Are you being serious?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
What is this 'more suited to their style' bollox'?

Isn't landing the ball or Salah's toe 6 yards from goal not Liverpool's style?
Or
Planting the ball square in the middle of VVD's forehead from EVERY corner not Liverpool's style?
Or
Groß turning two opposition players leaving Sane in acres of space not Liverpool's style?

Just because we are shite at making the most of Pascal it doesn't follow every other team would be as inept.

Moot point as it's a Ravens at the Tower type situation.
If Pascal leaves the club will fall.

Pace, or lack of it. Why did we move Lallana on to get him in?
Poor Ill-informed post, full of nonsense.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Agree about Moder's corner, which was delicious. Problem is that you also want him in the six yard area to connect with the delivery.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pace, or lack of it. Why did we move Lallana on to get him in?
Poor Ill-informed post, full of nonsense.

Yeah you're right just being one of, if not the most, accurate kicker of a ball and space providers in the Premier League has no place in modern football.

What a silly sausage I am.

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

You're right. I think he's like Lallana in that sense. You can't have too many players with their pace in the side, but both Groß and Lallana both have footballing brains that put them miles ahead of some of our squad. Neither are spring chickens, but their game isn't about pace and never has been. It's about the intelligence to see the passage of play before it happens and to pick the pass others don't see.

Will Liverpool pay £30m for a 30 year old? In my opinion, no.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here