[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
gross.jpg

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't believe there are people on this thread slating Gross! Incredible..

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah but other than creating lots of chances, being our only player who can score penalties, working incredibly hard, covering 3/4 positions, being hugely consistent, and pulling off a slow flair Cruyff every game what else does he do?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
4.38 chances per 90 minutes, one every 20.5 minutes, just from those two alone.

Hardly news but FFS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah but other than creating lots of chances, being our only player who can score penalties, working incredibly hard, covering 3/4 positions, being hugely consistent, and pulling off a slow flair Cruyff every game what else does he do?

Hardly worth the extravagant transfer fee.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
These stats are mostly due to his fantastic crossing and corners combined with Dunk & Webbo meeting them.

I do worry about squeezing him into the team next season ahead of Lallana with his water carrier (Bissouma) gone and Lamptey or Veltman back at RWB. I suspect Potter will find a way though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
These stats are mostly due to his fantastic crossing and corners combined with Dunk & Webbo meeting them.

I do worry about squeezing him into the team next season ahead of Lallana with his water carrier (Bissouma) gone and Lamptey or Veltman back at RWB. I suspect Potter will find a way though.

You're not the first person to mention that without Bissouma he'd struggle to get in the team, I don't really understand. He's one of our most hardworking players. If the Man City game ( and much of the season) has taught us one thing about Lallana it's that he should be kept us far away from our goal as possible. I personally don't see where Lallana fits in

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You're not the first person to mention that without Bissouma he'd struggle to get in the team.

My point was, we can’t have a central midfield of Lallana and Groß. Both need someone very dynamic and mobile alongside them to protect the back 4. However, I do think that Lallana is better in a central position, he is more creative with progressive passes and has a few more tricks up his sleeve. But he will be lucky to start half the games next season with his injury record so Pascal will see plenty of game time.

It’s also possible that Potter could put Groß in a front 3 with Tross and Welbeck/Maupay. I think he’ll start 30+ games next season.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Did a sporcle quiz recently and apparently our Pascal tops the list for most successful crosses of anyone in the PL this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Haven’t we heard this rumour before? Klopp is supposedly a fan but surely he’d be too slow for Liverpool’s style

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Liverpool against most odds would want him, of course he should take that final chance to win some titles and get some glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here