Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Funny how he's no slower than Lallana

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nope probably the same... and the same as Murray was last season.

Pascal’s game isn’t about pace so having a lack of it isn’t the problem... it’s playing in a way and putting him in a position to make the most of what he does bring. Thought we did that quite well last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am currently wearing my Cruyff Turn, homage to Pascal, lucky t-shirt.

Come to think of it I wasn't wearing that yesterday.
Jnr wasn't wearing his lucky Withdean to Wembley t-shirt.
&
We didn't have our lucky pre game bar of chocolate.

It seems like we let GPott down.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had thought that Pascal was past it as an EPL player. He still had the skill set, but seemed increasingly a fringe player in his cameos, possibly due to even less pace.

But very impressive against Burnley. Lallana and Gross are creative class aboves.

Last edited:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-most-chances-created-de-bruyne-fernandes-ziyech

Based on chances created per 90 minutes

Pascal Gross 3.2
Steven Alzate 1.8
Adam Lallana 1.7

Gross, Lallana, Joel Veltman and Danny Welbeck created three chances each against Burnley on Friday; none were taken. Brighton’s strikers were one of our losers of the weekend.

Bruno Fernandes average is 3.2

The dilemma that is Pascal, eh! So, where does he have to play to get the best out of him? Certainly not at right-back, as per the end of the WBA game.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
https://www.football365.com/news/premier-league-most-chances-created-de-bruyne-fernandes-ziyech

Pascal Gross 3.2
Steven Alzate 1.8
Adam Lallana 1.7

Gross, Lallana, Joel Veltman and Danny Welbeck created three chances each against Burnley on Friday; none were taken. Brighton’s strikers were one of our losers of the weekend.

That is a slightly misleading stat as how many corners and free kicks have Alzate and Lallana taken? The vast majority of chances that Gross creates come from set pieces.

Gross was ok on Friday but nothing more than that. I actually found him really frustrating at times as he kept getting in good positions but then dallied on the ball, taking too long and Burnley were able to get back into position or just choosing the wrong option to pass or cross to. The crosses into the box were generally a total waste of time. If he's playing in that slightly right of centre position his main instruction should be just to feed Lamptey who will create danger.

Alzate should be in ahead of him for me.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013

Pascal Gross 3.2
Steven Alzate 1.8
Adam Lallana 1.7

Just shows stats are a nonsense. 12 chances?

Welbeck had maybe 2, Lamptey 2...?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That is a slightly misleading stat as how many corners and free kicks have Alzate and Lallana taken? The vast majority of chances that Gross creates come from set pieces.

Gross was ok on Friday but nothing more than that. I actually found him really frustrating at times as he kept getting in good positions but then dallied on the ball, taking too long and Burnley were able to get back into position or just choosing the wrong option to pass or cross to. The crosses into the box were generally a total waste of time. If he's playing in that slightly right of centre position his main instruction should be just to feed Lamptey who will create danger.

Alzate should be in ahead of him for me.

The stats are what they are, worth comparing him to the rest of league rather than just Albion players. And that suggests that whoever is taking corners and free kicks when he's not in the team isn't very good. I don't think when struggling to win games we can not try and make the most of those opportunities

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
How many goals a player scores without digging into how many of them came from taking a penalty is as useless as how many chances created without digging into how many came from set pieces...

BTW, I think Gross has had two great games in a row but not because of the chances created stat...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WTF more does this fella have to do, to get a fair crack from supporters like [MENTION=12452]doogie004[/MENTION] ?

[tweet]1330183769836359680[/tweet]

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
WTF more does this fella have to do, to get a fair crack from supporters like [MENTION=12452]doogie004[/MENTION] ?

[tweet]1330183769836359680[/tweet]

Credit where credit due thought treacle was excellent today just need that every game not just here and there this is the prem no time for joy riders . But On today’s performance one of his best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
He certainly looked good in that deeper role , some creation from deep but his lack of pace isn’t exposed there

Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brilliant today, especially in the first half.

I really like him in that deeper, central role. It really suits his game these days as he has the intelligence to see a ball that starts a move.

I’ve been saying I want Alzate to start ahead of him all along but I am changing my mind on that as he is really growing into that role.

Just don’t think he is as effective further forward anymore and that was another reason why it was a shame Lallana had to go off so early, they were linking so well with Lallana just ahead of him.

Magnficent vision for Solly’s goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here