Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Good stat in the video about assists from EPL Germans. With 27, he's only one behind Leroy Sane, so lets hope he's soon in second place. He's unlikely to catch Ozil's 54, at least this season, but sits ahead of the rest of a top ten of Didi Hamann - 22, Christian Ziege - 18, Thomas Hitzlsperger - 17, Jurgen Klinnsmann - 15 and Ilkay Gundogan - 12, Lukas Podolski - 11 & Michael Ballack - 10. He's also joint 8th in goals scored by Germans in the division.

He's the only German in the top 20 of both of those lists who has never won a full international cap.

What a bargain he's been for us at £2.7 million. He scored our first goal in the division and the one that kept us up in the first season, he has to be one of the single best bits of business that we've ever done.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've been hypothesising for a while now that the reason why defenders consistently fail to read Pascal's pirouette is that his delivery is so good that, in the first instance, defenders are seeking to block that, which enables Pascal to exploit the situation and buy further time in deploying said pirouette. He pretty much confirmed that in this interview, or that's the way I'll choose to interpret his comment :whistle:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I've been hypothesising for a while now that the reason why defenders consistently fail to read Pascal's pirouette is that his delivery is so good that, in the first instance, defenders are seeking to block that, which enables Pascal to exploit the situation and buy further time in deploying said pirouette. He pretty much confirmed that in this interview, or that's the way I'll choose to interpret his comment :whistle:

He can cross with both feet which means the defender can’t show him onto his weak foot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
One of my favourite Albion players ever - along with Veltman. Keeping him is fantastic business. Probably the most underrated player in the PL.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good stat in the video about assists from EPL Germans. With 27, he's only one behind Leroy Sane, so lets hope he's soon in second place. He's unlikely to catch Ozil's 54, at least this season, but sits ahead of the rest of a top ten of Didi Hamann - 22, Christian Ziege - 18, Thomas Hitzlsperger - 17, Jurgen Klinnsmann - 15 and Ilkay Gundogan - 12, Lukas Podolski - 11 & Michael Ballack - 10. He's also joint 8th in goals scored by Germans in the division.

He's the only German in the top 20 of both of those lists who has never won a full international cap.

What a bargain he's been for us at £2.7 million. He scored our first goal in the division and the one that kept us up in the first season, he has to be one of the single best bits of business that we've ever done.

Absolutely, and to think that half way through last season many on here were writing him off. They will be eating their words now thats for sure.

In terms of assists from Germans in the Premier League era, he is the only onein the top ten, apart from Ilkay Gundogan, who is still playing, so it will be a long time before anyone else eclipses his second place.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
He turns to the left
He turns to the right
Our Pascal Gross
Makes defenders look shite

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_Groß

Pascal has now scored four goals from open play in (less than?) a handful of games -- 2x United away, West Ham home, United home. This follows on from a long spell of not scoring from open play. The last one I think he scored from open play was away at West Ham in the 3-3 draw in Potter's first season, but might have that wrong.

Anyway he's benefiting from playing further up the pitch, from the understanding he has with March, and with a more fluid midfield. Delighted he'll be there providing continuity over the next two seasons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow pump the brakes Pascal, it's one game don't lose your shit

[tweet]1556307851085287426[/tweet]

The guy is an emotional rollercoaster.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow pump the brakes Pascal, it's one game don't lose your shit

[tweet]1556307851085287426[/tweet]

The guy is an emotional rollercoaster.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1556274565831163905[/tweet]

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The second goal was a really tidy finish, could have easily blazed over. I love the bloke, such a clever & creative player.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The first goal he followed up on the right, the second he follows up on the left. What position was he? Pure class Pascal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here