Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I remember watching a 40+ year old Jimmy Case dominating games and barely moving more than 6 yards side to side and never breaking into anything more than a jog.

My brother often reminisces that in the 4th Division championship year Bobby Smith just used to point to where his colleagues should run to and put a goal on a plate for them…… slight exaggeration, probably, but…..

And he was probably holding a pint at the time.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm glad Pascal likes England and the area around Brighton as well. Plenty of German beers here as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I like it when Groß is played higher up the pitch and can shoot. He has been class recently, his shooting has been stunning, he almost got the winner against Southampton but sadly, VAR gave the horrific linesman the benefit of the doubt.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Phew! Was worried he would be off, good to see he will be part of the team next season, I'm sure we'll benefit from his presence and performances.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My brother often reminisces that in the 4th Division championship year Bobby Smith just used to point to where his colleagues should run to and put a goal on a plate for them…… slight exaggeration, probably, but…..

And he was probably holding a pint at the time.

And a ciggy in the other hand. Bobby also had the ability to stand in the right place between penalty spot and 6 yard box, wait for the ball to come (or point a yard in front), then hit or head it into the net. Brighton had to play to his strengths though...as he wasn't going to participate in any fast breakaway attacks ��

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bit surprised, with all the suggestions and rumours that he wanted to return home after five years in a 'foreign' country. Bit surprised too, with the team constantly developing - the addition of new blood inevitably leads to someone else being displaced. I must admit that whenever I'm doing one of thise 'pick your team' type thingies, I always struggle to fit in all of MacA, Moder, Biss, Caicedo and Tross and possibly Kozlowski soon (though I think a loan to the EFL is more likely next season) and can't find room for Gross - not because I don't think he's any good, but that the others are the future.

Anyway, GP and the club want him. Fine by me - they know more than I do! Here's hoping for a very successful two years.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bit surprised, with all the suggestions and rumours that he wanted to return home after five years in a 'foreign' country. Bit surprised too, with the team constantly developing - the addition on new blood inevitably leads to someone else being displaced. I must admit that whenever I'm doing one of thise 'pick your team' type thingies, I always struggle to fit in all of MacA, Moder, Biss, Caicedo and Tross and possibly Kozlowski soon (though I think a loan to the EFL is more likely next season) and can't find room for Gross - not because I don't think he's any good, but that the others are the future.

Anyway, GP and the club want him. Fine by me - they know more than I do! Here's hoping for a very successful two years.

He adds experience and know-how.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here