Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Two year deal about to signed according to Romano. Delighted if true- the guy has been immense towards the end of the season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Lets hope he's spot on and good news is incoming shortly.

[tweet]1532703315158614016[/tweet]

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I really don't think pace is overrated: all -- or, if not, pretty much all -- top/world class players have it. What that means is that you have to compensate in other areas if you don't have that and, in terms of technique, engine and especially intelligence, Pascal does that in abundance.

This! My 18 old son absolutely slates Gross but only because he feels he doesn’t have the pace (or it seems the willingness to run) but totally fails to see the intelligence of Gross’s position or pass. I try to remind him that there’s more to a game than just running your bollox off. Just ask CMS!

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
This! My 18 old son absolutely slates Gross but only because he feels he doesn’t have the pace (or it seems the willingness to run) but totally fails to see the intelligence of Gross’s position or pass. I try to remind him that there’s more to a game than just running your bollox off. Just ask CMS!
It’s the modern FIFA world of stats where it’s all about pace and strength, ie. the type of attribute that’s likely to make you good on a video game. Gross excels in some of the less tangible or easy to perceive areas like intelligence, technique and positional awareness like you say.

Good news if he is indeed due to pen a new 2-year deal. One additional benefit I hadn’t thought of is having him around to help Undav settle in as a fellow German speaker.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And all the stuff about him being homesick for Germany and his family after so many years in England etc. Where did that come from...or disappear to...? ITK bullshit?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
If true then I'm really happy, he's had so many highlights in his time with us, and that goal against Man U at The Amex was sheer quality.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Two year deal about to signed according to Romano. Delighted if true- the guy has been immense towards the end of the season.

The guy has been immense for many a season! Ok he has had the odd period when he has lost a bit of form, but that happens with every player.

Lewis Dunk and Solly March apart, Pascal has been our longest serving player, and without him in the team l have my doubts as to whether we would have survived our debut season in the Premier League.

I want this new deal to go through, almost more than any other business we are likely to do in this window.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And all the stuff about him being homesick for Germany and his family after so many years in England etc. Where did that come from...or disappear to...? ITK bullshit?

It actually came from him fairly recently in a bbc Sussex interview I think it was.

He told BBC Radio Sussex Sport: "I think we do that after the season. We will see what's going on. All I can say is I've been here for five years, that's a long time when you come from abroad but I'm enjoying it here.

"From the start until now we [him and the fans] have had a great journey and I still enjoy it."

Certainly seems to have been some kind of turnaround from a contract being unlikely to a 2 year deal being on the table

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Years ago I recall some analysis of the greatest players, where top coaches commented that they often find space and the ball by not moving. Leaving unnecessary runs to lesser players.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good players are good to have.

Ever since the Moder injury it has been a no brainer to renew with Gross if he wants to stay.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Cantor/Durrans kept mentioning it on match-days in the last few weeks of the season.

Usually along the lines of “It’s common knowledge that Pascal wants to return home to Germany now”.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great news.

One of my favourite players. If he had pace, he’d have a 100 caps for Germany, arguably one of our most intelligent players.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Years ago I recall some analysis of the greatest players, where top coaches commented that they often find space and the ball by not moving. Leaving unnecessary runs to lesser players.

I remember watching a 40+ year old Jimmy Case dominating games and barely moving more than 6 yards side to side and never breaking into anything more than a jog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here