Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Even without the goal he was the driving force behind our second half improvement.
The tactical rejig gave him a pretty free role further forward and he really used it. Led by example and instructed those around him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hasn’t he been such quality last few games- he and Solly work so well together. Much more than the some of their parts.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hasn’t he been such quality last few games- he and Solly work so well together. Much more than the some of their parts.

He was good in the ‘deep lying’ playmaker role alongside the likes of Bissouma but his goals are so very welcome now that he is playing further up the pitch. Hopefully the contract extension news is only days away for he is a free agent in a month or so.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'd offer him another two years. Who cares if he's got no pace, the guy has great vision, attitude and seems to lift players and fans.

All that for £3m? The Groß turns are worth that alone!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He was f***ing terrible in the first half and his lack of pace drives me mental at times. His overall performances in the last few games have been very good though. Excellent second half today and a fantastic finish. Not necessarily a starter for me next season, but a very valuable squad member.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was f***ing terrible in the first half and his lack of pace drives me mental at times. His overall performances in the last few games have been very good though. Excellent second half today and a fantastic finish. Not necessarily a starter for me next season, but a very valuable squad member.

Agreed - when the system works well, he looks really good - when it’s not he looks terrible.

I’d say if we got rid of him how much would it cost to replace him - and given that’s like £15M another year or so probably suits all parties

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I'd offer him another two years. Who cares if he's got no pace, the guy has great vision, attitude and seems to lift players and fans.

All that for £3m? The Groß turns are worth that alone!
Yes, he’s not quick but he’s a quick thinker and he creates so many chances.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
GRIM Assessment in the first few words. So

Wrong..

After that good stuff...

:facepalm:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's strange, a few months ago he looked lost in the middle of the park, out paced by the opposition midfield. I agreed that he was 'past it'

So Potters answer, put him up front. WTF??

And then doubley WTF WTF, it breathes a whole new life into Das Raumdeuter and he becomes an essential part of our turnaround.

He's been a revelation in that advanced role, logically I can't get my head around it, but I know what I see on the pitch and I bloody love it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In yesterday’s paper, touch wood this comes off. It’ll feel like two free transfers in, of EPL proven players.

5181E00B-C3BB-4129-B324-5A358F47AF51.png

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
In yesterday’s paper, touch wood this comes off. It’ll feel like two free transfers in, of EPL proven players.

View attachment 148128

I hope so..interesting though that at full time Pascal didn’t join the other players for handshakes with the opposition but instead walked on his own applauding the crowd from the north half of the east stand along to the north stand :shrug:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I LOVE YOU, Pascal..

You are the LOVE OF MY LIFE

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
His lack of pace is irrelevant. He is a magnificent footballer and tremendous finisher if he’s given the opportunity to play in a formation that lets him damage opposing sides at the sharp end of the pitch. Potter’s sussed that at the end of this wonderful season. He IS our Teddy Sheringham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here