Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be nice to know before the end of season pitch walkabout if Pascal the Great is leaving or not.

Maybe we genuinely don't know of course.

If it is still uncertain I'll be analysing his body language like all the other experts lol.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
It would be nice to know before the end of season pitch walkabout if Pascal the Great is leaving or not.

Maybe we genuinely don't know of course.

If it is still uncertain I'll be analysing his body language like all the other experts lol.

It very much sounded like he was leaving when interviewed after the Man Utd game. Said 5 years was a long time to be away from fiends and family back in Germany.

Would be great to give him a good send off on Sunday and it would be fantastic to see old treacle toes produce on last Gross turn.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It very much sounded like he was leaving when interviewed after the Man Utd game. Said 5 years was a long time to be away from fiends and family back in Germany.

Would be great to give him a good send off on Sunday and it would be fantastic to see old treacle toes produce on last Gross turn.

Guess we might hear something before the next game then. Though of course there is a chance that it is not 100% decided yet.

With Schalke and Werder Bremen both securing promotion (and Hamburg in the playoffs) he will have plenty of options to become a key player in a big, ambitious and well-supported club in his home country, a chance he might not get again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'll be analysing his body language like all the other experts lol.

Good luck with that, like all Germans I know, they give very little away in terms of facial expressions and body language.

Even when they smile it looks like a grimace, and your not 100% sure they are happy.

I find it hard to tell if he is happy when he scores :lolol:

I would love him to stay, as he is by far nothing but a 100% committed on the field, I will miss him.
But to move home and become a legend at a sleeping giant like Bremen would be too good for him to turn down and no one could blame or begrudge him the move.

Legend

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck with that, like all Germans I know, they give very little away in terms of facial expressions and body language.

Even when they smile it looks like a grimace, and your not 100% sure they are happy.

I find it hard to tell if he is happy when he scores [emoji38]ol:

I would love him to stay, as he is by far nothing but a 100% committed on the field, I will miss him.
But to move home and become a legend at a sleeping giant like Bremen would be too good for him to turn down and no one could blame or begrudge him the move.

Legend

Well there is that and the fact the beer will ruin my body language "expertise" anyway lol.

Werder are promoted now - that probably seals it.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Guess we might hear something before the next game then. Though of course there is a chance that it is not 100% decided yet.

With Schalke and Werder Bremen both securing promotion (and Hamburg in the playoffs) he will have plenty of options to become a key player in a big, ambitious and well-supported club in his home country, a chance he might not get again.

I read his comments that negotiations were still ongoing.
I think a lot will depend on the length of contract on offer.

If he genuinely wanted to go home, then we would be preparing for a farewell party on Sunday.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Personally, I'd be really sorry to see him leave. He's had a stint this season as the Twitterati punching bag, greeting every selection with "WTF, Gross?", "FFS, he's too slow" etc etc but he's quietly continued to be a very effective and important player for us this season. He's 31 at the start of the season and if his presence means that we get the best out of Caicedo, Moder and Mac Allister through leading my example, then that's reason enough to keep a fantastic servant at the club a little longer.

Whether he chooses that option remains to be seen though sadly.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he's off.. and as much as I like him and certainly would not be upset if he hung around for a couple more years I think we are moving on from Pascal.. I hope that does not sound in anyway derogatory.

He was amazing against United. If a team lets us and Pascal play then he is going to do that to the opposition.

I believe McAllister's real emergence this season has ensured Gross moves on

If Pascal stays I don't see much game time for him, certainly not as much as he would like.

Im sure a few years in Germany would be ideal for him,

So I'm going to say it now, Thanks for the memories Pascal, you will always be fondly remembered by me :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he's off.. and as much as I like him and certainly would not be upset if he hung around for a couple more years I think we are moving on from Pascal.. I hope that does not sound in anyway derogatory.

He was amazing against United. If a team lets us and Pascal play then he is going to do that to the opposition.

I believe McAllister's real emergence this season has ensured Gross moves on

If Pascal stays I don't see much game time for him, certainly not as much as he would like.

Im sure a few years in Germany would be ideal for him,

So I'm going to say it now, Thanks for the memories Pascal, you will always be fondly remembered by me :)

Yep loves the player to bits, but would rather he left exactly how he arrived, instead of becoming just a bit part player.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I find it hard to tell if he is happy when he scores :lolol:

Legend

Change the club and you have the Burn transfer:

'But to move home and become a legend at a sleeping giant like Newcastle would be too good for him to turn down and no one could blame or begrudge him the move.'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Maybe he’ll make it look like he’s really leaving, but then do a neat little turn and stay after all?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Final chance to sign his name on Sunday?

At the very least, "Pascal Gross, Pascal Gross, Pascal Gross" to the tune of "here we go"?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Reports surfacing in Germany this morning that he’s agreed terms with Bremen.

Going to savour those last Gross turns on Sunday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Was always likely.

Can we have an announcement before the Sunday game please, or at least before the pitch walkabout, so we can give Pascal the Great a well deserved send off ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Final chance to sign his name on Sunday?

At the very least, "Pascal Gross, Pascal Gross, Pascal Gross" to the tune of "here we go"?

Or "Pascal, Pascal, give us a turn, Pascal, give us a turn"

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Total Albion legend in my eyes, a good move for him and he will go with fond memories and a great send off. It would be so fitting if he scores, has to start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here