[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
It’s sad to see his continuing demise from the near crucial player he used to be in the first couple of PL seasons. IF his set piece delivery was still up to standard, his continued presence in the team/squad could be justified, but it’s just not there.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It’s sad to see his continuing demise from the near crucial player he used to be in the first couple of PL seasons. IF his set piece delivery was still up to standard, his continued presence in the team/squad could be justified, but it’s just not there.

It was last week, and today I would argue the one that bounced near the far post was perfect.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Despite being the ultimate Groß fanboy I'm surprised by this

[tweet]1512683228313837574[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Despite being the ultimate Groß fanboy I'm surprised by this.

So was I. He's been great for the club - we probably woudn't have stayed in the PL without him - but with his lack of speed and all the younger players coming through I'd have expected him to be released with our thanks this summer. Maybe the extended absence of Moder might be a factor - we don't want to be caught short of midfielders in the way we were caught short of CBs after letting BDB go,

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's fit, has a brain, still one of the best dead ball players at the club . . . . Why wouldn't GP want him to stay. . Even as a squad player his suport of younger players must be an issue

I cant see Lallallallallananana playing on.
MOders broken
Mwepus a work in progress.
Alzate hit/miss but ok
Bissouma may as well be gone

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Love what Pascal has done for the club, but with his contract up I had seen it as an obvious area of the squad we could upgrade.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Apparently he's one of the best in training so helps set the standards for the younger players.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Despite the headline it’s actually a polite we would love him to stay but we will see.

He won’t stay, I doubt there’s a contract that suits both parties on the table and he will leave.

Great servant to the club but time to both part ways

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah when Moder got injured I thought that it might change things for Gross. We'll see what happens... dont think it will be a long term contract if he signs a new one but clearly GP has a lot of confidence in Pascal, and why wouldnt he.

The same thing seems to be repeating each season. You dont see a lot of Gross when he plays but you really do see when he is missing. Last season the team barely won a game in the first half of the season, then Gross started to play next to Bissouma and the results started coming. This season the difference is not quite as clear but for what I would argue has been some of the worst games (results AND performance) of the season - the 1-1 vs Newcastle and the recent losses against Burnley and Villa, Gross was sitting on the bench for 90 min.

While it would be sound if his game time was decreasing he still does a job and if the option to "replace" Moder is between signing a new PL calibre midfielder for £10m+ or to renew with Gross then I think the club quite wisely will go for the latter.

Might be up to Gross. Key player in a bigger Bundesliga club or in and out in the Brighton team in a better league, probably not the easiest decision.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our most under appreciated player?

I thought he’s been excellent in the last 3 or so games. Always linking up, constantly moving, he absolutely suits this dynamic midfield and runs tirelessly for the team.

So many starting XI guesses automatically drop him, but he’s like a gold nugget in there. I feel for what he cost, and what he’s done he’s got to be one of the Albion’s greatest buys.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I thought he’s been excellent in the last 3 or so games. Always linking up, constantly moving, he absolutely suits this dynamic midfield and runs tirelessly for the team.

So many starting XI guesses automatically drop him, but he’s like a gold nugget in there. I feel for what he cost, and what he’s done he’s got to be one of the Albion’s greatest buys.

Great post and bang on.

His range of passing is incredible.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

100 per cent - pascal is a legend and still got ‘it’ - love him. Oh, & Dunky has been colossal last two games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Starting the game with The Turn and followed it up with a monstrous free kick to The Lamp was enough for me, for one day.

We have so many midfield yoof coming through I expected him to be gone when his contract is up.
But if he's going to carry on like this then we'd be fools to wave goodbye.

Although sadly I kinda side with Bill Belichick who's of the opinion it's better to offload a player a year early than it is a year too late.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Starting the game with The Turn and followed it up with a monstrous free kick to The Lamp was enough for me, for one day.

We have so many midfield yoof coming through I expected him to be gone when his contract is up.
But if he's going to carry on like this then we'd be fools to wave goodbye.

Although sadly I kinda side with Bill Belichick who's of the opinion it's better to offload a player a year early than it is a year too late.

How’s that worked out for Bill?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports