Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
An announcement might be nearer than we think… B2279E8C-F013-43D9-BB1D-E1702DF09DC1.jpeg

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Maybe he actually took off from Shoreham, but then did a quick Gross turn in the air that makes it look he’s come from Farnborough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ok, point taken – maybe 'sticking the boot in' was a bit strong, but I just think there was an over-reaction to a bad penalty and a less than perfect performance.

I think some comments are just a bit disrespectful, given what he's done for the club. Comments such as:

Groß's set pieces have been dire lately anyway.

Yes he s SLOW but he was blowing out his arse in under 5 mins

Gross shouldn’t be near the starting the eleven.

There's obviously more vitriol on Twatter, so maybe that's what I was getting at. People seemingly willing to drive him out of the club at the earliest opportunity because they think he's turned into some kind of donkey.

I agree with every point you've made, I just think the reaction to a great servant to the club, who was brought in to the starting 11 to do a job even though he is/was miles down the pecking order, could have been done with a bit more respect...

Or maybe I'm just being over-sensitive because I'm a huge fan of the Grobmeister :lol:

Unfortunately, we live in a) a binary world where you're either a "goat" or sh!te and b) a world where FIFA defines some of the younger generation's views on a player, primarily based on their pace stat. Groß is slow, yes, but he thinks quickly. I dread to think what a modern audience would think of Beckham. A billion assists, but with a pace stat of 40.

I also don't think Groß had a bad game on Friday. He was playing (again) in a different role for the team, sitting deep with Lallana and breaking up the play. He's ended up sacrificing his strengths for the team's gain which is hugely Potter-esque.

Groß should, as you say, have our full respect. Sadly, because you're either awesome of awful, once you move from one to the other you get a target on your back amongst certain sections of the fanbase.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unfortunately, we live in a) a binary world where you're either a "goat" or sh!te and b) a world where FIFA defines some of the younger generation's views on a player, primarily based on their pace stat. Groß is slow, yes, but he thinks quickly. I dread to think what a modern audience would think of Beckham. A billion assists, but with a pace stat of 40.

I also don't think Groß had a bad game on Friday. He was playing (again) in a different role for the team, sitting deep with Lallana and breaking up the play. He's ended up sacrificing his strengths for the team's gain which is hugely Potter-esque.

Groß should, as you say, have our full respect. Sadly, because you're either awesome of awful, once you move from one to the other you get a target on your back amongst certain sections of the fanbase.

Well said

Still a worthy squad member even on a rusty day.

not many players start the 90 after a 6 match lay off.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

He's a superb professional, with pluses and minuses, and we've been very lucky to have had him here

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why a the dramatics over what is the natural churn of a football teams playing staff?

Give or take a couple of months the club has managed Groß 5 years worth of contracts absolutely spot on.

As someone else said we don't get to Moder and Jocko via Bis, without Groß et el.

No point asking for some respect while a few vultures circle.

I'm so pleased Pascal is/was part of our club.
The thought of being gleeful now is crass in the extreme.

Good post...

I have no idea why he was on penalty duty.

..because he'd scored a very respectable 11 of 13 previous Albion penalties?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Starting!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Ok, point taken – maybe 'sticking the boot in' was a bit strong, but I just think there was an over-reaction to a bad penalty and a less than perfect performance.

I think some comments are just a bit disrespectful, given what he's done for the club. Comments such as:

Groß's set pieces have been dire lately anyway.

Yes he s SLOW but he was blowing out his arse in under 5 mins

Gross shouldn’t be near the starting the eleven.

There's obviously more vitriol on Twatter, so maybe that's what I was getting at. People seemingly willing to drive him out of the club at the earliest opportunity because they think he's turned into some kind of donkey.

I agree with every point you've made, I just think the reaction to a great servant to the club, who was brought in to the starting 11 to do a job even though he is/was miles down the pecking order, could have been done with a bit more respect...

Or maybe I'm just being over-sensitive because I'm a huge fan of the Grobmeister :lol:

You have taken a sentence of mine and used it out of context to suit your rhetoric

I questioned if he had had Covid
Seems he has ,which explains his absence from the team recently
Suggesting Perhaps this was a contributing factor in his performance?
He was certainly out of sorts compared to his usual levels to which I alluded
I questioned his selection also, after the time out it seemed an odd pick for me
The blowing out his arse comment was an observation not a criticism

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Legend.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Claims of Pascal’s demise are premature, on that showing. Life left in him yet. :clap2:

Agreed. Thought he was as good today as bad vs Palarse. Him and Alzate did well today. I was critical vs Palarse but got to hand it to the bloke, pulled one out of the bag today.

Right at the start of the game when he came onto the pitch, he came upto the NS and clapped the fans which I thought was a nice touch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. Thought he was as good today as bad vs Palarse. Him and Alzate did well today. I was critical vs Palarse but got to hand it to the bloke, pulled one out of the bag today.

Right at the start of the game when he came onto the pitch, he came upto the NS and clapped the fans which I thought was a nice touch.

He wasn’t “bad” against Palace, he just took a poor penalty - fantastic last night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here