Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why a the dramatics over what is the natural churn of a football teams playing staff?

Give or take a couple of months the club has managed Groß 5 years worth of contracts absolutely spot on.

As someone else said we don't get to Moder and Jocko via Bis, without Groß et el.

No point asking for some respect while a few vultures circle.

I'm so pleased Pascal is/was part of our club.
The thought of being gleeful now is crass in the extreme.

I have no idea why he was on penalty duty.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Veltman at times was marking 3 pacey players, Gross bless him is slower than ever. Our one achilles heel in the first half.

Lamptey/Veltman makes so much sense.
]

Actually Gross was tracking fine, there was no communication from Veltman, and Gross was expecting Veltman to go out, with Gross covering the vacated space.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Probably most of Europe, 64 million in the uk as opposed to 84 in Germany and considering they have won the Bundesliga four times, and European Cup winner Cup, pretty safe to say if you take your rose tinted goggles off, they do.

oh yes it is, he maybe happy to take a pay cut to be closer to home and family, money is not everything to some people and players. remember he was here during the worst of Covid, far from home, plenty of time to re evaluate life and family, don't ya think.

I don't think you know what derogatory means.

Yes, he could well be happy to take a significant pay cut to go back home and play in the 2nd division. But that would be surprising.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Brighton star tipped to become ‘great asset’ for club as agent holds exit talks:

https://www.teamtalk.com/brighton/pascal-gross-tipped-great-asset-club-agent-exit-talks
'The Seagulls are yet to enter contract talks with their player, although this update could force them into action. Gross has made over 150 appearances for the club, helping them to stay in the top flight in four straight seasons.'

Yep, he's off. Auf wiedersehen, Pascal.

For once I agree with the Swedish oddball that there's no need to stick the boot in (I was sat in East Lower last night, if anyone's interested). He missed a penalty - it happens - and he didn't have the best game - also happens. He's never been the quickest and he's probably lost a yard of 'pace', but he was brought in to the starting 11 to do a job purely because of a depleated squad. He was a few centimeters away from an assist, too.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
interesting in that article they are suggesting Bissouma is only on 29k a week..seems rather cheap compared to welbeck and llalana on nearly double that

I guess mainly because he's not renewed his contract. I'm sure he'd be on a lot more if he'd accepted a contract extension.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why a the dramatics over what is the natural churn of a football teams playing staff?

Give or take a couple of months the club has managed Groß 5 years worth of contracts absolutely spot on.

As someone else said we don't get to Moder and Jocko via Bis, without Groß et el.

No point asking for some respect while a few vultures circle.

I'm so pleased Pascal is/was part of our club.
The thought of being gleeful now is crass in the extreme.

I have no idea why he was on penalty duty.
Not gleeful at all. He is now being replaced more and more by younger (and faster) players. He has been a brilliant signing for us - so much so that I doubt we'd have survived the first couple of seasons without him and Propper - but I think it's time for a change now. The future is Moder, Mac, Mwepu, etc.

Gross to Werder Bremen sounds like a good deal all round.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
'The Seagulls are yet to enter contract talks with their player, although this update could force them into action. Gross has made over 150 appearances for the club, helping them to stay in the top flight in four straight seasons.'

Yep, he's off. Auf wiedersehen, Pascal.

For once I agree with the Swedish oddball that there's no need to stick the boot in (I was sat in East Lower last night, if anyone's interested). He missed a penalty - it happens - and he didn't have the best game - also happens. He's never been the quickest and he's probably lost a yard of 'pace', but he was brought in to the starting 11 to do a job purely because of a depleated squad. He was a few centimeters away from an assist, too.

WTF is all this "sticking the boot in" BS that keeps getting posted?

I read the posts. The majority say the same thing:

1. He's been brilliant servant for the club and a major factor in us keeping our PL status in the first couple of seasons.

2. The team and club are evolving and we have some fantastic, sharp and younger midfield talent coming thru (or already here).

3. Pascal never did have much pace (a video last year he was voted the slowest player by his team mates) but he's lost even pace more than he had and the Palarse game highlighted this.

I don't see this as sticking the boot in. It's a fact that clubs evolve, players don't get younger and they have to move on.

Otherwise we'd have Muzza and Zamora up top and even BW2 and GB would be happy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
WTF is all this "sticking the boot in" BS that keeps getting posted?

I read the posts. The majority say the same thing:

1. He's been brilliant servant for the club and a major factor in us keeping our PL status in the first couple of seasons.

2. The team and club are evolving and we have some fantastic, sharp and younger midfield talent coming thru (or already here).

3. Pascal never did have much pace (a video last year he was voted the slowest player by his team mates) but he's lost even pace more than he had and the Palarse game highlighted this.

I don't see this as sticking the boot in. It's a fact that clubs evolve, players don't get younger and they have to move on.

Otherwise we'd have Muzza and Zamora up top and even BW2 and GB would be happy.

Ok, point taken – maybe 'sticking the boot in' was a bit strong, but I just think there was an over-reaction to a bad penalty and a less than perfect performance.

I think some comments are just a bit disrespectful, given what he's done for the club. Comments such as:

Groß's set pieces have been dire lately anyway.

Yes he s SLOW but he was blowing out his arse in under 5 mins

Gross shouldn’t be near the starting the eleven.

There's obviously more vitriol on Twatter, so maybe that's what I was getting at. People seemingly willing to drive him out of the club at the earliest opportunity because they think he's turned into some kind of donkey.

I agree with every point you've made, I just think the reaction to a great servant to the club, who was brought in to the starting 11 to do a job even though he is/was miles down the pecking order, could have been done with a bit more respect...

Or maybe I'm just being over-sensitive because I'm a huge fan of the Grobmeister :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here