Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß the raumdeuter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whoever didn't play tonight, assuming we lose, would've been "the answer". It's the football fan's way. Groß's set pieces have been dire lately anyway.

If dire is the word for Groß what describes tonight's efforts?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just wanted to make my point clear in case it wasn’t the first time. I’m not wrong though, performances speak for themselves recently. Nice Cruyff turns and great first season but since that first season, I’ve never thought the love he gets on here from some was justified.

I could really upset you further and say I also prefer it when we don’t start Duffy.

The love has been plenty justified, much like the current love for Jocko.

He's a fabulous servant to the club, bought for buttons, scored and created a pooh tonne of goals.

His contract suggests he might be on his way.
The youngsters coming through suggest the same - as they should.

Just because the current XI have finally picked up the pace, I don't see why that should be used as a stick to beat a decent pro as he leaves the building.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Wrong kind of game for him today anyway, expect to see him play at the weekend, and in part over the next months while Biss is away catching covid.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You always hold out hope that the current youngsters coming through are better than your heroes of old.

But is still hurts when it turns out that they are :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wrong kind of game for him today anyway, expect to see him play at the weekend, and in part over the next months while Biss is away catching covid.

If the points train keeps on track, after next week, I doubt there will be too many 'right kind of games'.

Which would be a shame and ought not to be a 'bunting out' moment for anyone.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Being linked with Werder Bremen. Most likely a free at end of season when his contract expires…
EBC5B021-D4A5-4A58-B69A-C66462D6E36C.jpeg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Being linked with Werder Bremen. Most likely a free at end of season when his contract expires…
View attachment 143745
He can sign a pre-contract with them at any point now.

If Werder are in negotiations with him then he may be looking at a return to Germany as his next move after 5 years in the PL.

Dodsbury

Jun 19, 2011
He can sign a pre-contract with them at any point now.

If Werder are in negotiations with him then he may be looking at a return to Germany as his next move after 5 years in the PL.

Looks like we had better enjoy him whilst he's still with us. I know he's beginning to fade but, God, I'm going to miss his slow turns.

Time to show him some appreciation before it's too late so altogether everyone, to the tune of 'Heart and Soul' (sorry T'pau fans, not that one. Think more Niles and Daphne)......

Pascal Gross
He's unbelievable
Pascal Gross
Slow but incredible
Oh, Paaaascal
Oh, Pascal Gross
His name means big
But he's not six foot
He's....Pascal Gross
He's unbelievable.....and repeat

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Looks like we had better enjoy him whilst he's still with us. I know he's beginning to fade but, God, I'm going to miss his slow turns.

Time to show him some appreciation before it's too late so altogether everyone, to the tune of 'Heart and Soul' (sorry T'pau fans, not that one. Think more Niles and Daphne)......

Pascal Gross
He's unbelievable
Pascal Gross
Slow but incredible
Oh, Paaaascal
Oh, Pascal Gross
His name means big
But he's not six foot
He's....Pascal Gross
He's unbelievable.....and repeat

Turnaround - every now and then I get a little bit worried that you're going to lose the ball but then you
Turnaround - every now and then I get a little bit confused 'cause you're heading the wrong way and then you
Turnaround - every now and then I see three players marking you; it looks like there's no way out yet still you
Turnaround - every now and then I think they'll surely see it coming, like Albion fans do, but slowly you
Turnaround, Pascal - several times a game, it always works
Turnaround, Pascal - like a glacier but still it works...!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Going home
Bremen are still considered bigger than us, due to their rich history in the Bundesliga, 42000 fans.
Bit of a derogatory comment really,

Well the club that we signed him from five years ago, Ingoldstadt were hardly one one of Bundesliga's big hitters either, and Werder Bremen currently in thne 2nd tier of German football, seems to me an ideal choice for a man who has spent his prime in the hurly burly playing in best league in the world, and now approaching his footballing dotage, probably just wants to go home.

If you do decide to make the move Pascal, everyone will understand, and wish you well.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Turnaround - every now and then I get a little bit worried that you're going to lose the ball but then you
Turnaround - every now and then I get a little bit confused 'cause you're heading the wrong way and then you
Turnaround - every now and then I see three players marking you; it looks like there's no way out yet still you
Turnaround - every now and then I think they'll surely see it coming, like Albion fans do, but slowly you
Turnaround, Pascal - several times a game, it always works
Turnaround, Pascal - like a glacier but still it works...!
Genius. I can see that taking off at The Amex tonight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wouldnt surprise me if he leaves already in this transfer window.

Me neither.

I think Potter has made it clear (with his selections) that Lallana, Moder, Mwepu and now Mac Allister are all ahead of Pascal when it comes to selection.

It’s not that Pascal has dropped off in from, it’s just that the sort of assists we see from Mwepu & Moder allied to the goals and decisive, quick one touch passing from the Mac mean that those midfielders are ahead of him.

Pascal is a Premier League legend at this club but, the bench is not a place he should be frequenting. He is way too good for that.

If he has made up his mind to go Werder, the club may well let him go a few months earlier and take a small fee, perhaps £500k.

With Caicedo returned and Alzate looking fit, we’re really not short of midfielders, especially as Leonard could do a job if we had an injury crisis.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I reckon the time when Gross departs will be linked to when Bissouma departs.
If Biss goes this window I would expect Gross to stay until the end of the season.
If Biss stays until summer, Gross will likely be given the green light to go to Bremen this month.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Probably most of Europe, 64 million in the uk as opposed to 84 in Germany and considering they have won the Bundesliga four times, and European Cup winner Cup, pretty safe to say if you take your rose tinted goggles off, they do.

It's not derogatory at all. You think he will be paid the same in the German 2nd division as he is in the Prem?

oh yes it is, he maybe happy to take a pay cut to be closer to home and family, money is not everything to some people and players. remember he was here during the worst of Covid, far from home, plenty of time to re evaluate life and family, don't ya think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here