Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pascal Groß midfielder SIGNED from FC Ingolstadt 04.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If only we had something more up top to bang them in.
Excellent signing.

Thankful with Gross setting them up the Albion ought to be an even more attractive proposition.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thankful with Gross setting them up the Albion ought to be an even more attractive proposition.

You’d like to think that we represent a pretty nice opportunity for a striker to make a bit of a name for himself in the Premier League. Here you go son, Pascal will keep setting you up, go fill your boots.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
If we played a 3 5 2 you could have that second pacy striker with Groß playing a free role. Who that pacy person is however beyond me.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Had a chat with his Dad and a few of his mates at Newcastle
Loves it over here and turns out his dad was a half decent player who coached Pascal
His mates love the singing at Away games but can’t understand all the words yet !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was a disappointing trawl through looking for nimrods, I'm heading back to the Ryan thread.
Even @spence thought better of it and reined himself in, the moment he started.

Although Dolph could do with a special mention:-

If we are going 4411 then excellent number 10 (no offence Sam) with Knocky one side, March the other and Glen down the middle I reckon we could do some damage. Stephens and Kayal behind. That's the beginning of a Prem team. Center backs sorted. Backup/quicker right back, left back and keeper to sort.
T'is a shame the 'damage' Murray has done hasn't been as damaging as any of us would like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Paid over the odds for this one I’m afraid.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The fan forums of the bigger teams are the absolute worst when it comes to giving any credit. They're always crap when we win.

The biggest one I see all the time is 'they didn't even have to play well to beat us.' It's amazing how often we manage to tonk big teams whilst apparently playing badly.

I saw a couple of backhanded insults where “small clubs like Brighton” was mentioned.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The fan forums of the bigger teams are the absolute worst when it comes to giving any credit. They're always crap when we win.

The biggest one I see all the time is 'they didn't even have to play well to beat us.' It's amazing how often we manage to tonk big teams whilst apparently playing badly.
This thread is pretty complimentary! https://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-de-zerbi-brighton-manager.473114/page-7

This comment though from Sept 2nd, a couple of weeks before we beat them at OT with 6 of the 11 that started our previous game missing 🤣🤣 :

Their squad depth has issues. Once Europa League starts, it probably will be exposed.
their pressing is really good and organized. Five players move together to form pressing structure, no matter where it is, high, mid, or low thirds. Their core players are all good on ball, but the backups are obviously weaker or lack of experience.

This thread is pretty complimentary! https://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-de-zerbi-brighton-manager.473114/page-7

This comment though from Sept 2nd, a couple of weeks before we beat them at OT with 6 of the 11 that started our previous game missing 🤣🤣 :

Their squad depth has issues. Once Europa League starts, it probably will be exposed.
their pressing is really good and organized. Five players move together to form pressing structure, no matter where it is, high, mid, or low thirds. Their core players are all good on ball, but the backups are obviously weaker or lack of experience.
Amazing delusion

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Reading that made me wonder how much of De Zerbi's success is down to the set up at Brighton and vice versa.

If he went to United he would have to contend with their dysfunctional set up . . . See also Chelsea.

Our success is based on all sections of the club working harmoniously together towards a common goal. I don't mean to play down De Zerbi's part in it all but he is probably not the silver bullet Man U etc are looking for. Too much else going on.

Last edited:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

To be fair I had a quick look around the forum and there is quite a bit of respect for our club in general. They are rightly pissed off at how their club is run and I found the general sentiment to be one of Brighton are a marvelous example of how successful a well run club can be. Also lots of "We need to get RDZ before Chelsea" followed by "why, he wouldn't perform here, the same as Potter didn't perform at Chelsea" blaming the way both clubs are run as the reason.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Watching MOTD with the Bobkin Jnrs and one said "You LOVE Groß, don't you? He's like God to you."

Can't argue with that. Absolute LEGEND of the club.
20230916_125447.jpg

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Whenever Pascal plays in midfield he has the same influence on the rest of the midfield that Dunk does on whoever his CB partner is. Having watched the game back, he ran the show yesterday. Managed the game brilliantly, slowed it down when the crowd got up, quicker passes and more direct in certain moments which really hurt them. For example the ball out wide to Mitoma which lead to his goal. What a player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here