Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes...You're repeating exactly what Bozza said the response would be. I got it from the first post.

Yes. Of course you did. We all believe you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And Tom and Jerry media.

Let's give it a bit of time shall we?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There needs to be a strong opposition to any Government, and they are failing badly.

Exactly. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green whatever. There NEEDS to be strong opposition to keep the current lot in check.

Last edited:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Corbyn probably didn't want (nor think he was going to get) the job and now he is beginning to show how unfit he is to lead and how his personal views are so juxtaposed to the majority of Labour MP's. It is so easy to constantly oppose and go on endless protest marches but leading a parliamentary party is another matter entirely (especially one of the two big ones) where you have to pull the majority (of your OWN MP's first and then the electorate) that your thoughts and plans are valid, realistic and achievable.

I predict Labour MP's crossing the house to Lib Dems, UKIP and even Tories. It is a slow motion car crash that is bad for democracy, as we need a strong opposition not one that is about to have a civil war (see the OP).

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Whether or not Corbyn is the man for job is debatable, but personally I think this process is much needed in the Labour party. Their membership has spoken, they are tired of grey, unprincipled, Blairite career politician pulling the strings in their party and they want rid. Once they've purged the Blairites, perhaps a more voter friendly but principled left of centre politician will emerge as true leadership material.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching some of the Blairites receiving well deserved black eyes and Corbyn's presence ruffling a few establishment feathers - most recently exposing the absurd stain on democracy that a constitutional royalty represents.

The evidence at the moment is that Labour members want to be an anti-conservative pressure group rather than a government, one of the union bosses even said it last week! While they're all busy patting each other on the back at marches and agreeing with each other on social media about how much they hate Tories the rest of the electorate are quietly deciding to vote for the party who appear more stable and won't rock the boat for the majority of the people in this country who work and are financially comfortable.

larus

All Blairites will be deselected soon so problem sorted

That's right comrade. Freedom of speech and all that, (so long as you agree with us). Deselecting MP's because they don't agree with the leadership; surely even you can't think this is good for democracy.

Would you support Corbyn/left-wing MP's being deselected if (hypothetically) he resigns and a more 'centre' leader is elected?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Liberals are licking their lips. Labour is finished under Corbyn.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...The way this debate is presented is all wrong: the media say that the arguments between the MPs and Corbyn show he's unfit to lead but he's the one with the support of the members. As I said earlier, a few deselections will concentrate minds wonderfully

i think you are overlooking the subject of the "debate". a few weeks ago McDonnell made a policy announcement to support the fiscal charter. now, after conference, he and Corbyn announce a complete U-turn. U-turns are part an parcel of our politics, in this case its the timing and subject of the U-turn is not insignificant. a cynic might suggest the leadership made a policy to avoid it being discussed at all in conference. at the very least its a major policy change, implying the previous general statements on how the economy might be run have all been tossed out. when you've just lost an election on the grounds the public don't trust you on the economy, this turn of events will not help allay those fears.

on deselections, i think that will certainly focus minds, and the party can adjust itself to what it wants to represent. currently the MPs dont apparently represent the party, but they do still represent their constituents. maybe those constituents will focus the concentrate the minds of the party when if they dont turn out for Labour anymore, we'll find out next spring in the local elections.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The evidence at the moment is that Labour members want to be an anti-conservative pressure group rather than a government, one of the union bosses even said it last week! While they're all busy patting each other on the back at marches and agreeing with each other on social media about how much they hate Tories the rest of the electorate are quietly deciding to vote for the party who appear more stable and won't rock the boat for the majority of the people in this country who work and are financially comfortable.

:thumbsup:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Corbyn sticking to his principles and not selling out at the first hurdle SHOCKER!

Some of the right wing media brigade on here are hilerious and reak of desperation! I wouldn't be so quick to write the Labour party and left wing politics off just yet... :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Corbyn sticking to his principles and not selling out at the first hurdle SHOCKER!

Some of the right wing media brigade on here are hilerious... I wouldn't be so quick to write the Labour party off just yet.
Hasn't his financial buddy just u-turned ?

1 policy 1 week, the opposite the next.

What are the voters to believe with the current flip-flopping ? ???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Some of the right wing media brigade on here are hilarious and reek of desperation! I wouldn't be so quick to write the Labour party and left wing politics off just yet... :thumbsup:
This. Corbyn's style is to encourage debate and he does not have spin doctoring the media as a priority.

It is a risky strategy that is bound to result in some heavy cheap shots being landed during these early stages. The real test will be when Labour start setting out fully developed policy alternatives and giving Britain a proper choice between a party of privilege and a party of principle that will act in the interests of ordinary people.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Liberals are licking their lips. Labour is finished under Corbyn.

This'll be the same Labour party that are now the largest party in the UK and have seen an absolutely METEORIC upswing in popularity over the past few months? OK then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here