Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parkinson's Praise for Albion

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
nice to have someone say well done after we win rather than well done after we lose!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nice that someone doesn't say "We should be beating teams like Brighton"

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nice to hear him saying nice things about us especially as most news reports are the usual negative crap....."charlton off-form" etc

Didn't realise that Gus' son plays for Charlton Academy BTW. Maybe "one for the future" for us if his old man stays

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
OOh they checked us out first.

I always wondered whats the etiquette for letting other teams managers/scouts come to games before you play them, do they have to buy tickets?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Seems a good bloke. I actually quite like Charlton this season, they haven't been able to sign loads of players and have largely stuck with what they have got. Still really hope they pip either dirty Leeds or moneybags Norwich to one of the automatic places, probably won't happen though.

I always wondered whats the etiquette for letting other teams managers/scouts come to games before you play them, do they have to buy tickets?

Not sure, might work differently club to club. Though when I was in Directors Box at Saints-Charlton JPT Kevin Blackwell was also in Directors Box for the game scouting Charlton's on-loan keeper, which implies he may not have had to pay to sit there.....like myself!!

Oct 20, 2004
walsall

Club secretary contacts the club and requests scout tickets, clubs will have a group of seats, normally in the area of the players and their families sit / directors area. Tickets are free as your scouts go to their games as well.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Nice one Parkinson. Can't imagine Grayson would have said the same things had we held on for 20 seconds longer on Saturday.[/bitter]

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Parkinson said much the same 3 weeks ago:

Jackett is not alone in thinking The Albion are in a false position and have got some very good players. Stayed in the same hotel as the Charlton squad on Monday night in Walsall and got talking to Phil Parkinson at the bar. He said he can't believe we're in the position we are and that the majority of League 1 managers think Brighton are a top 6 side at least with the current squad. He also said that with the exception of possibly Beckford, the player he rates highest in L1 is Glenn Murray but Charlton can't afford him. Nice bloke, very knowledgeable about Goldstone/Withdean/Falmer etc, he's best mates with Craig Maskell.

Jackett backs Brighton to beat the drop - North Stand Chat

Lush

Mods' Pet
Like this bit. They obviously haven't run it through the Gus Translator.

"The win moved Brighton up to 18th and Seagulls boss Gus Poyet added: "I'm really proud. It's very easier for a player to come here, see the pitch and just kick it and run. But they are convinced our best game is about passing the ball."
:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here