Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking problem at the Amex sorted

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
In 1950s America, white people could sit near the front of the bus with no problem. Black people couldn't do this.

Would your advice to black people be "Don't sit at the back, and you won't have a problem."?

I do. Your point is more embarrassing than simple.

I am making the point that if I park in Wild Park I will be discriminated against.

All you can do is tell me not to park there.

Following your logic, if I was black and I received a ticket for parking on a double yellow line, but the white guy in the car next to me did not get a ticket, that would not be discrimination because I should have parked elsewhere.

You're nutty.

I think we're on the same page! Thank you for your logic. :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Wild Park is the place.

I noticed on Saturday that a number of families were parked there for picnics ... in fact most had even brought their caravans along ... and I didn't see anyone handing out parking tickets.

Clearly therefore Wild Park is available for anyone to park a car, van or caravan for a few hours.

Why had no one mentioned this option before?

Brilliant - parking and 1901 catering issues all sorted at one time!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I don't like to generalise but every single Pikey is a lawless ****wit with nothing on the mind but theivery and cheating, I sometimes wish Hitler had made it here.

You'd be very unlikely to have the Amex now if he had. Idiot!!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You'd be very unlikely to have the Amex now if he had. Idiot!!

Gosh how right you are. I really didn't think this through did I. Imagine if I was being serious, the consequences of my flippant comment on an internet forum could have been simply devastating in an alternative universe where the outcome of WW2 differed to that of our own dimension. Anyway, as my Nanna used to say "Hitler would have liked you". I had big blue eyes and blond hair.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I do. Your point is more embarrassing than simple.

I am making the point that if I park in Wild Park I will be discriminated against.

All you can do is tell me not to park there.

Following your logic, if I was black and I received a ticket for parking on a double yellow line, but the white guy in the car next to me did not get a ticket, that would not be discrimination because I should have parked elsewhere.

You're nutty.

In 1950s America, white people could sit near the front of the bus with no problem. Black people couldn't do this.

Would your advice to black people be "Don't sit at the back, and you won't have a problem."?

Of course that would be discrimination. But you're of the opinion that the travellers aren't being dealt with. They are.

You get a parking ticket, they get forcibly moved on - everyone gets dealt with.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Of course it's discrimination. But you're of the opinion that the travellers aren't being dealt with. They are.

You get a parking ticket, they get forcibly moved on.

Wrong again. You would get a ticket AND forcebly moved on.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
They shouldn't be allowed to stay there in the first place... If I rocked up in a tent and was like yeah I am living here now the police would tell me to jog on....

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Gosh how right you are. I really didn't think this through did I. Imagine if I was being serious, the consequences of my flippant comment on an internet forum could have been simply devastating in an alternative universe where the outcome of WW2 differed to that of our own dimension. Anyway, as my Nanna used to say "Hitler would have liked you". I had big blue eyes and blond hair.

"Apologies for my puerile comment" would have sufficed!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
they get forcibly moved on .

after having illegally used the space to park their caravans for (insert number of days or weeks) a period of time, after having been voluntarily allowed access by the authority whose job it is to get them evicted.;wozza;

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
"Apologies for my puerile comment" would have sufficed![/QUOTE

Darn it, what in the name of Zeus was I thinking!! Posting a peurile comment on NSC. Maiaculpa!

Last edited:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The Argus said the reason they opened the gate was that their caravans and cars were going over the pavement and causing a risk to pedestrians and traffic

They did not think that slapping them with a summons or 2 for careless/dangerous/reckless driving or whatever offence they were committing, might have been a little less welcoming then.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
No, no, no, no.

I am DEFINITELY being discriminated against if I park someplace (anyplace) and get a ticket, but someone else parking in exactly the same place does not get a ticket. If that's not discrimination, what is it?
So you're complaining about something you are imagining. :ffsparr:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I don't like to generalise but every single Pikey is a lawless ****wit with nothing on the mind but theivery and cheating, I sometimes wish Hitler had made it here.
You poisonous, racist nazi! Think yourself lucky that I moderate elsewhere and not here!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

So why are u called Nibble, and not the Fuhrer?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So why are u called Nibble, and not the Fuhrer?

Nibble was my girlfriend's classroom Hamster (she was a teacher, still is but lives oop north with some male primary school teacher, weird) that came to live with us. I buried him in a toilet tube under my mixed beds. Besides I'm more of a Pol Pot man myself.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nibble was my girlfriend's classroom Hamster (she was a teacher, still is but lives oop north with some male primary school teacher, weird) that came to live with us. I buried him in a toilet tube under my mixed beds. Besides I'm more of a Pol Pot man myself.

Naaah, Genghis Khan would have made them both look like a pair of nancy boys.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I understand your frustration and anger but you don't really mean that do you? Talk about taking the largest ethnic cleasing hammer of all time to crack a little local irritation that can be sorted with an appropriate change in the law.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This thread is bonkers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here