Parking by Lewes Station

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
It's been turned into a one way street for the diversion so even with cars parked it on the one side, it's more acceptable for that time in the evening. As I say, I'm not arguing that the parking restrictions shouldn't be imposed at busier periods but seems very 'convenient' that traffic wardens are working at that time and quite frankly unnecessary when the cars, in all actuality will be having virtually zero effect on the 'traffic flow'. I would hope that the timed signs would be covered over if they were not applicable.

It hasn't been turned into a one way street. I've been using it to get to and from mountfield rd since the roadworks started,the only one way bit is garden st. Covering over the permanent signs would make perfect sense and yes, Lewes council appear to have grabbed the opportunity to milk cash from the less wary amongst us!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It hasn't been turned into a one way street. I've been using it to get to and from mountfield rd since the roadworks started,the only one way bit is garden st. Covering over the permanent signs would make perfect sense and yes, Lewes council appear to have grabbed the opportunity to milk cash from the less wary amongst us!

Yes, the road was two-way, hence their emphasis on the traffic flow, which I can see. It was the fact that the original sign was NOT covered up which led us to believe that the common sense approach was being used that in the evening, traffic flow is not a problem.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Fair enough, thought they had a no entry sign for cars coming from Southover High Street. But as you say LDC using a bit of sense wouldn't come amiss!

Miocene

Mar 23, 2011
Hastings
I park in the car park at the end of Cockshut Rd. It's only a short walk to the station and is free after 5pm and on Saturdays :)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
LDC licence to print money with the parking charges, clear NO PARKING signs should be displayed in that road.
Locals probably know the about the restrictions in that area, but how many people from out of town get caught out?

I was working in Lewes and parked in the street next to a parking meter, I paid for a ticket and went to the house I was working in.
When I returned to my van a warden was standing In front of it, I asked the warden if there was a problem with my parking, the warden said I was parked in a residents bay.
I was lucky I didn't get a ticket that day as the warden was giving me 5 minutes before ticketing my van.
I asked the warden where I should have parked, she said round the corner in the next road, that road did not have a meter.

Yes, I should have read the signs, but I'm sure others have been caught out .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports