Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parking at Lewes

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Saturday games are not a problem for me as it's easy to get the train, coming in from Kent via Rye and Eastbourne.

Unfortunately the trains are a non starter for evening games (unless I want to leave during the first half or want to get home the next day). so I have to drive down.

My question is, what is the parking like around Lewes railway station? I understand I can park round the corner at Lewes FC. Is there generally good parking around here, I'l probably be arriving around 6:00 -6:30 pm ?

I'm especially interested in the Michel Kuipers' Testimonial game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Saturday games are not a problem for me as it's easy to get the train, coming in from Kent via Rye and Eastbourne.

Unfortunately the trains are a non starter for evening games (unless I want to leave during the first half or want to get home the next day). so I have to drive down.

My question is, what is the parking like around Lewes railway station? I understand I can park round the corner at Lewes FC. Is there generally good parking around here, I'l probably be arriving around 6:00 -6:30 pm ?

Plenty of street parking available and it's free after 6pm. Dripping pan is an option but it's not a very big car park so you might have missed out by 6:30. The car park behind Cliffe High Street is also free after 6 and it's just a short walk through the estate and the alley way at the bottom.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
It reads like u want to drive to Lewes to park then get a train to Falmer.
Why not drive all the way to Falmer or somewhere in Brighton?

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Some people drive to Lewes then get a bus to Brighton. The bus back to Lewes is a bit crowded on evening games but it is possible.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Park in Coldean & walk to the ground, no need to queue for trains then.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm quite happy with the train from Lewes, I can get any train back after the game and be fairly quickly on my way home again.

Depending upon the time I may try Lewes FC, it might be as early as 5:30PM that I get there, it all depends on how early I'm allowed to leave work (in Folkestone).

I use cliff high st car park for free (after 6) for evening games. Always room and close to many good boozers pre match.

I looked at this on Google maps, is it the one on the corner, if so, does it still resemble a builders site or is it more like a car park. Being a non-drinker and having my young son in tow I'm not too concerned about the pubs tbh.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Loads of free parking within half a mile of the train station after 6.00pm,we always park in that area for evening games as do loads of others

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I looked at this on Google maps, is it the one on the corner, if so, does it still resemble a builders site or is it more like a car park. Being a non-drinker and having my young son in tow I'm not too concerned about the pubs tbh.

lewes - Google Maps

And no it doesn't resemble a building site. As I said previously you can just walk through the estate and the alley at the bottom and you come out by the station car park.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We come from Haywards Heath, and travel in via Cooksbridge way. We park in one of the car parks by the flea market just up from Waitrose.

(Not knowing Lewes, that's the best I can offer!)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We come from Haywards Heath, and travel in via Cooksbridge way. We park in one of the car parks by the flea market just up from Waitrose.

(Not knowing Lewes, that's the best I can offer!)

East Street probably or there is one is north street as well

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
East Street probably or there is one is north street as well

The car park is surrounded by a few buildings including Antares?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Lewes station is good, and obviously the most convenient, but costs a fiver and you need to get there early - fills up quick. Will no doubt fill up sooner with the increased capacity of the Amex

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Park in The Newmarket on the A27 between Lewes & Falmer - every few mins there's a bus from outside the pub to the ground. Buses back after evening games also more reliable than trains with the added advantage that they stop across the road from the pub.

The cherry on top: there's a farmer's bridge about 300 yds past the pub which can be used for a cheeky u-turn to be Eastbound again in no time. May not be best from Folkestone but works a treat for me (Plumpton-ish).

:rave:

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm quite happy with the train from Lewes, I can get any train back after the game and be fairly quickly on my way home again.

Depending upon the time I may try Lewes FC, it might be as early as 5:30PM that I get there, it all depends on how early I'm allowed to leave work (in Folkestone).

Map of route to walk...takes less than 5 mins:
Lewes.jpg

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
There is often a space along Southover. I wouldn't park in the station car park because it will cost you an arm and a leg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here