Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking at away matches

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Firstly, yes I am familiar with a thing called Google but I like the personal touch you only get on here.

Anyhoo following my drunken exploits in front of my teenage son at Stoke (nothing Marseille style, I was just a general nause) I’ve promised him I’ll drive to a few aways thus resisting any temptation to re offend.

Right, the chase, what gives? What’s the general sequence of events regular away match drivers do? any tips for Sheffield? Hopefully we’ll get up there early for a bit o lunch.

I know this sounds a bit like someone who’s never been away before but apart from Alford v Peacehaven last season the last match I drove to was the nil-nil away at Torquay.

Thank you please

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I usually just check what time Seagull travel coaches leave my area, add an hour on top of that, then set off - works perfectly, usually getting there about an hour/hour and a half before kick off for some grub. Make sure you've booked a space on Just Park or Park on my drive though

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Firstly, yes I am familiar with a thing called Google but I like the personal touch you only get on here.

Anyhoo following my drunken exploits in front of my teenage son at Stoke (nothing Marseille style, I was just a general nause) I’ve promised him I’ll drive to a few aways thus resisting any temptation to re offend.

Right, the chase, what gives? What’s the general sequence of events regular away match drivers do? any tips for Sheffield? Hopefully we’ll get up there early for a bit o lunch.

I know this sounds a bit like someone who’s never been away before but apart from Alford v Peacehaven last season the last match I drove to was the nil-nil away at Torquay.

Thank you please
Google the driving time, add at least a couple of hours, get at least half way before you stop if you can (wearing colours is mandatory at service stations). I use justpark.com for most games, usually aim to park 15-20 mins walk away from whatever stadium it is, ideally in the direction of a main road south.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Making a weekend of Sheffield (cup game). Lots of great pubs. Driving up and back in mates EV.
With ST getting expensive I do find driving with the two of us shareing the cost a lot cheaper.
We use Just Park and no problems yet.
As mentioned, allow to arrive 2 hours before KO and then add an hour for stop. And yes, colours are mandatory at service stations, you'll meet some friendly fellow supporters of other clubs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Usually go on aa route planner the day before the game to see what time we need to leave, I give us at least two hours extra for traffic and stops. Parking needs looking at before you go, Just Park is a great app but I also look at the clubs official information about parking. Fuel up, and get the road trip food sorted and away we go. Bloody brilliant.

edit: as others have said, colours to be worn at the services.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just Park very kindly supported NSC recently - I'd encourage you to check out spaces on there if you can:

We've used this to park on people's driveways for the recent Stoke and West Ham matches and it worked well.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Cheers, I was looking at this one

IMG_3199.png

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just Park very kindly supported NSC recently - I'd encourage you to check out spaces on there if you can:

We've used this to park on people's driveways for the recent Stoke and West Ham matches and it worked well.
Just Park every time for us, we drive to all away games.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I used it for Stoke too. Won't do anything else now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I used it for Stoke too. Won't do anything else now.
I looked at Luton, have set up an account however at what point do you get the full post code and address? Is it in the confirmation mail once booked ?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
For both Sheffield games I’ve booked just park.com, a private driveway about an 18 minute walk south of the stadium. Three decent boozers near to space, the white lion, the brothers arms, the sheaf view. Park up about 2.75 hours before kick off, couple of hours in the boozer, walk to stadium. Quick getaway heading out on the A61 to chesterfield and M1 south. £7 per session.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For both Sheffield games I’ve booked just park.com, a private driveway about an 18 minute walk south of the stadium. Three decent boozers near to space, the white lion, the brothers arms, the sheaf view. Park up about 2.75 hours before kick off, couple of hours in the boozer, walk to stadium. Quick getaway heading out on the A61 to chesterfield and M1 south. £7 per session.
Always a down side to driving. Sheffield has lots of great pubs and beer but someone has to drive. Two in a car helps but that still means the driver has to go dry, hence we are making a weekend of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here