Park and Ride question

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Hi all - finally left lurk mode having enjoyed reading posts here over quite a long period. Been a fan since seeing my first match in (IIRC) 1973 as a five year old (hence my name on here, as we weren't known as the Seagulls then!).

Anyway, am doing the Mill Road park and ride for the first time (had lifts to/from the Amex previously) and as it is just a short walk from my house, thought I'd leave the car at home - sounds like Mill Road gets very busy so one less car there is a good thing. Just wondering if anyone can tell me where the buses pick up from - top, middle or bottom of the road?

Thanks for your help, and UP THE ALBION!

PS Did the stadium tour last night and heartily recommend to anyone considering - very interesting.

Jan 21, 2012
There are about 4 or 5 pick up points up the hill so you should be ok. I would suggest walking half way down the hill though to get on the bus because if you wait at the top it's normally full by the time it gets there (unless you're really early that is).

pigin stripes

Jul 18, 2003
Hove
Do exactly the same thing walk from near the shops at Goldstone parade. You might be surprised how busy it is, for a normal 3 o'clock KO we get to the P&R for half one. The buses pick up from where the cars have got too. However if you stop at the top as I do with the little ones and speak to the steward (short guy with a beard and black hat) he will radio down and save space so when the bus comes up he will stop it and put you on.
Good luck as the buses are always crammed.
Coming back we NEVER catch the P&R bus and catch either the G or S bus, its a bit longer route home however its always no Que, we get off at Dyke Rd, Valley Rd junction.
Hope this helps:O

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks both - useful info. :cheers:

The G or S bus is interesting; the Dyke Rd/Valley Rd junction would be ideal as I'm in Westdene anyway (despite all its flaws, it was always nice strolling down to Withdean without having any transport considerations!). Can you catch it in both directions? Where does it stop? Presume the travel ticket thingie works fine on it?

Good general advice to get there early...I think the P&R starts at 3pm tomorrow so will aim for that sort of time.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Just found info on the G and S buses, so please ignore the questions just above!

Presumably these bus services get rammed, as they are picking up over a large area? Or are they generally easier to get on than the P&R buses? I might do as pigin stripes does and P&R there, and S bus back...might be the best option.

See? I knew NSC would be the best place to get info!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The S bus gets rammed, but there is now an H that only starts at Hangleton and stops at Whitethorn Drive (Top of Valley drive). You can normally get on that going (and if you can't, stroll round to Mill Road P&R). Coming back there is normally a huge queue for S or H bus (unless you are in the East Stand and can get out fast !). If you wait 30-40 mins and have a beer, you can normally stroll straight onto an S Bus.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Thanks for the helpful tips. Lurked after the game, hoping to get a pie and a pint (pies all sold out, and most of the beer gone by the time I got to the counter - Fosters or Strongbow!), and managed to stroll onto a virtually empty P&R back to Mill Road. Was impressed how quickly it got to the ground in the afternoon too...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports