Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parents who boast about their sprogs on Facebook

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Meh.

I must be a 'prick' then, because I like Facebook, but then I don't take it too seriously.

I don't post too much stuff about the kids - occasionally when they've done something of interest, but I wouldn't call it boasting.

Of course it's not for everyone, just like North Stand Chat isn't for every fan of Brighton and Hove Albion (sorry, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]), but I don't understand the hatred towards people that DO use it. If there is something on there that I'm not interested in (missing pets; things that are local to one of my friends but not to me; or long and rambling shared posts) I scroll on by - a bit like my approach to Twitter. Groups, I find, are normally the way to go - I figured people would get fed up with posts about my latest runs, so I west up a group that specifically about running, and added friends that I thought might be bothered.

If you don't like what someone is posting - then get rid! It's not hard. Although I did that once, and he subsequently sent me a friend request, and asking why I'd ditched him. I told him it was because he posted about culling his friend list for the umpteenth time, so I'd save him a job :lol:

By far the most sensible post on the matter. The biggest show offs are always the ones boasting about how they DON'T do something.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Blimey this appears to be quite an urban myth. No,that was never the 'real' reason, see post #80. It would be incredibly counter-productive if a vehicle 'had a baby on board' sign (and some of the earlier ones were stickers) and at the time of an accident there wasn't actually a baby on board because the driver had forgotten to remove the sign. The emergency services would waste precious time looking for a non-existent baby. The lie about "oh it's for the Emergency Services" was the answer to the ridicule that the bad drivers gave.
Ah, cheers for that. I did wonder if that was actually true.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
[QUOTE Cat pictures can f*** off though.[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear! I don't like them and get fed up with repeatedly seeing pictures of them! Obviously some of my friends like them though!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Totally agree with this. What makes a baby more important than any other passenger in a car?

It's showing off: :glare: "I have a baby and I want the whole f*cking world to know about it on the roads." People don't put signs outside their houses with "Don't rob us, baby lives here" so why in car windows?

How about a: "Use your windscreen wipers. Incontinent geriatric aboard."

Maybe people get them because when driving and a baby is screaming its head off its pretty stressful and you might not be concentrating as well as you should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here