Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Parents and memories..

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I remember taking my elderly mum out on her weekly shopping trip to Sainsburys, one day I was listening to Talksport on the radio and Mike Parry was going on about the good old days of Formula 1 .. he was calling them " buccaneers" and referring to them as " Buccaneering Spirits " as they raced with minimum safety gear. My mother never swore other than the odd blast or bugger and was going deaf, she said to me " why does this bloke keep swearing ? " I said " he was talking about how F1 drivers were buccaneers" ….oh she said," I thought he was swearing " …. I said jokingly " your buccaneers have had it mum "! she coldly replied " It's not my fault I'm going ****ing deaf ! " I nearly crashed the car !

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
The irony of this thread is that I'm sat here at my Dad's place in Haarlem, The Netherlands, watching his slow and imminent passing from Asbestos related illness.
I am most certainly internally going over the good times...
This absolutely sucks...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The irony of this thread is that I'm sat here at my Dad's place in Haarlem, The Netherlands, watching his slow and imminent passing from Asbestos related illness.
This absolutely sucks...

Thoughts are with you. There's nothing to say to make it better but I am glad you have the good times to focus on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This absolutely sucks...

Deepest sympathies to you. I lost my mum to a stroke, I was in the house when it happened so was able to call for an ambulance immediately. She recovered quite a bit over the first few days in hospital but sadly, she lost her ability to swallow, she caught pneumonia and slowly deteriorated, there was nothing I or anyone could do, it took a month for her to die. I'm over the worst of it now 4 years later but it still hurts like hell when the memories hit you.

What you are going through now will pass but you will carry the memories, all the best.

Poignant thread. Lost mum at the end of July, just after her 90th, dad passed away just over a year previously at 92. Both had the proverbial "good innings" but their final years weren't great for them.

I am an only child, and although wife and the two Potting girls have been supportive the hardest thing for me is having no one who can share share childhood and general "growing up" memories with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here