Pardew's back

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
edna krabappel said:
Surely the Charlton players are as much to blame as the various managers.

From what I understand, most of the players have looked disinterested all season. It's annoying when managers unfailingly get blamed for the players being shit, yes there are crap managers about, but the team always seem to escape criticism from the media.

You are exaclty right they have been disintetrested and have escaped critiscm in the media but at Boro and Wycombe at home they by means got off lightly.

The Wyconbe game was the turning point in our season to be honest

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
Ahh yes, the old "mutual consent" line.
I didn't really think anyone actually believed that old guff any more. Its blatently just a face-saving exercise for all involved, in a vague attempt to brush the entire fiasco under the carpet with as little fuss and fallout as possible.

Board: "Look Les, you have plainly been a complete and utter f***ing disaster. We're going to SACK you right now before you make things any worse, but for the press, we'll call it a 'mutual consent' thing, ok ? Close the door on your way out, there's a good chap."

Reed: "Oh....alright then. Bye."

:rolleyes:
I'd imagine it was more like this;

Board: "Look Les, it clearly isn't working out with you in charge. We'll give you the choice - you can either return to your previous job or we'll have to terminate your contract (although obviously we'd pay up your contract in full)"

Reed: "Ok....I'll take the latter. Thanks and Bye."

So that is mutual consent really isn't it. Charlton's only big mistake was sacking Dowie after a handful of games. Pardew is not a great manager, IMO. They're going down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports