Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew's back

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So much for the "Reed is here for the rest of the season" shite from the Charlton board. That lasted all of two weeks didn't it.

Dickheads. Hope they go down.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Easy 10 said:
So much for the "Reed is here for the rest of the season" shite from the Charlton board. That lasted all of two weeks didn't it.

Dickheads. Hope they go down.

The players had no confidence in Reed, that was clear to see when they tried to get a post match interview. Charlton don't have a clue really. I think if they had held on to Dowie, they would not be in this position now.

Lifted off soccernet;

Les Reed has left Charlton by mutual consent and Alan Pardew has been appointed as his replacement at The Valley.

Pardew, who was sacked by West Ham earlier this month, has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal and becomes the club's third manager this season.

Reed was promoted from the role of assistant boss in mid-November when Iain Dowie lost his job with the Addicks' bottom of the Barclays Premiership but has failed to turn their fortunes around during his month at the helm.

Dowie was appointed as Alan Curbishley's replacement in the summer, with Reed given the job upon the former Crystal Palace boss' departure.

But the former Football Association technical director managed just one win from his eight games in charge and presided over last week's Carling Cup quarter-final defeat at home to Coca-Cola League Two Wycombe.

Despite assurances before that game the club had no intention of changing managers before the end of the current campaign, yesterday's 2-0 defeat at Boro proved the final straw.

Pardew's first match in charge will be Wednesday's London derby with Fulham.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If anyone should be sacked, its the numbskull directors who brought in Dowie, sacked him after 5 minutes, then appointed his grandad to replace him. Spackers. Even I could see Reed was going to be a disaster, and I'm practically retarded.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Easy 10 said:
If anyone should be sacked, its the numbskull directors who brought in Dowie, sacked him after 5 minutes, then appointed his grandad to replace him. Spackers. Even I could see Reed was going to be a disaster, and I'm practically retarded.

I like to think mildly retarded. And yes, Reed was clearly gonna be a disaster from the beginning. A three year deal!!!!!! They should have stuck with Dowie.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Easy 10 said:

But that means going foreign and no one wants that.

Our board have been some of the best over the last twenty years so I am happy with them!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CAFC Matt said:
But that means going foreign and no one wants that.

Our board have been some of the best over the last twenty years so I am happy with them!!!
Its very un-Charlton like all this, but its just indicative of the utter wide-eyed panic that spreads like wildfire through the boardroom when it looks like there's a possibility of falling off the gravy train nowadays.

Having appointed Dowie, they should have had the bollocks to stick with him. Its THEIR cock-up that they sacked him, and its THEIR cock-up that they've now wasted 8 or 9 games on a bloke who was clearly not cut out to be a manager from the outset.

If Charlton go down this season, then the blame lays squarely at the door of the board of directors. No question.

Last edited:

I wish the FA were more like the Charlton Board. We'd be RID of Steve McClown already. Every time I see him grinning away in Prem stands nowadays, I just think we have several more years of zero achievments and it's just a matter of too long a time before more of his hair falls out and he slides from his too-high chair to acrimony and the files of England history alongside Keegan.
I only pray we don't allow the germans to get more revenge for 5-1 before he gets the boot.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If Charlton do go down, do you think Pardew will say they weren't one of the three worst teams in the Premiership, a bit like he said Reading were the best team in the league when they finished second behind us?:dunce:

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
All the best to Pards, I've always had a big soft spot for Charlton and them being my 2nd favourite team in the prem I hope he does all he can to keep them up.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After this seasons boardroom buffoonery, Charlton DESERVE to go down. Maybe then in future these faceless suited lemons will (a) think a bit more carefully about who they appoint in the first place, and (b) STICK with them once they've made their choice.

I feel sorry for Reed. He's been hung out to dry and made to look a right pleb, when its the boardroom spackos pulling the strings.

Last edited:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
How has Reed been hung out to dry?

They haven't sacked him afterall he left by mutual consent

Stop talking jiberish

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahh yes, the old "mutual consent" line.
I didn't really think anyone actually believed that old guff any more. Its blatently just a face-saving exercise for all involved, in a vague attempt to brush the entire fiasco under the carpet with as little fuss and fallout as possible.

Board: "Look Les, you have plainly been a complete and utter f***ing disaster. We're going to SACK you right now before you make things any worse, but for the press, we'll call it a 'mutual consent' thing, ok ? Close the door on your way out, there's a good chap."

Reed: "Oh....alright then. Bye."

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely the Charlton players are as much to blame as the various managers.

From what I understand, most of the players have looked disinterested all season. It's annoying when managers unfailingly get blamed for the players being shit, yes there are crap managers about, but the team always seem to escape criticism from the media.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Easy 10 said:
Its very un-Charlton like all this, but its just indicative of the utter wide-eyed panic that spreads like wildfire through the boardroom when it looks like there's a possibility of falling off the gravy train nowadays.

Having appointed Dowie, they should have had the bollocks to stick with him. Its THEIR cock-up that they sacked him, and its THEIR cock-up that they've now wasted 8 or 9 games on a bloke who was clearly not cut out to be a manager from the outset.

If Charlton go down this season, then the blame lays squarely at the door of the board of directors. No question.

I missed this earlier, agree completely

D

Deleted member 2719

I can't understand why Pardew would take this job.

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here