Pardew or Sade?

• Alan Pardew

Votes: 92 54.8%
  • Russell Slade

Votes: 76 45.2%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Forgot to say Paul fair play for opting for Slade.You do know what your talking about.:thumbsup:

Only my humble opinion and probably wide of the mark.

I am back in Brighton for a few days and have just spotted Derek Chapman leaving Withdean Stadium. Have they been interviewing today or board meeting?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Which is the KEY thing in my opinion, it has to be a complete new set up... Be it Pardew, Slade, Bassett or whoever, they must be allowed FULL CONTROL of their management team staff, no more of this keeping his mates on stuff from Mr Knight.

Exactly. I have nothing against White and Booker personally but I am sure they were at least a major part (if not the whole) problem while Micky was manager. While they still have significant roles at the club, I think it will be hard for any new manager to make a real impact.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Pardew.

I work with one of the senior stewards at The Valley and apparently all the talk up there is of Pardew getting the job.

He did well at Reading and wasn't it him that started their ball rolling when they got the new stadium? If he could do the same for us...

From ESPN's archive - the best bits in blue...It was with the Bees that Pardew began his coaching career before moving with boss Terry Bullivant to Reading as the Royals' reserve team boss.

Pardew kept the role despite Bullivant being replaced by Tommy Burns. But when Reading decided to scrap their reserve team in the summer of 1999 he was out of work. However, he would not be away from the club for long as Burns was sacked in September 1999. Pardew returned to guide the club on a caretaker basis and within a month had been offered the job permanently.

He managed to clear up the mess left by Burns and guide Reading in to the top half of the Second Division table, finishing in tenth position. He led the club into the play-offs in 2000/01, but lost out to Walsall in extra-time in the final. But they would not be denied a return to the First Division in 2001/02 when Pardew took the club to promotion, placed second six points behind champions Brighton & Hove Albion.
They had looked odds-on to take the title before a dip in form towards the end of the season. On the final day they met third placed Brentford at Griffin Park and appeared set to drift into the play-offs as Martin Rowlands put the home side in front. With 13 minutes to go Jamie Cureton equalised to send Reading back above Brentford into the second automatic position.

The transition between the divisions was almost seamless. Reading looked comfortable in finishing fourth, leading to yet another play-off campaign. This time they missed out on an appearance in the final as Wolverhampton Wanderers won the semi-final clash.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Slade to keep us up... s-t contract...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
i dislike pardew for many multiple reasons i cant currently type out. did a hopeless job at wh and charlton too Slade for me

As I mentioned earlier, he DIDN'T do a "hopeless job" and that's proven by his stats:

Reading 13 October 1999 10 September 2003 Played 212 Won 102 Lost 57 Drawn 53 Win Ratio 48.11%

West Ham United 20 October 2003 11 December 2006 Played 163 Won 67 Lost 58 Drawn 38 Win Ratio 41.10%

Charlton Athletic 24 December 2006 22 November 2008 Played 89 Won 28 Lost 35 Drawn 26 31.46

Total Played 463 Won 197 Lost 145 Drawn 123 Win Ratio 42.54%

You can argue whether you rate him or not, but those stats do not lie and proves that we could do a helluva lot worse that appointing a manager with that pedigree.

D

Deleted member 2719

No Brainer.

Pardew good record and has managed much higher level and if we are looking for stability and to climb up the leagues this is the man.

:ascarf::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here