Panorama Tonight - 28th May

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Sounds like an interesting programme tonight, apparently the BBC has been filming in stadiums for the last month or so in Ukraine and Poland. With the hope that they would uncover any racism violence and the like.
Remember we got filmed by the police at Leeds but I doubt it was a blockbuster.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
More sensationalised scare-umentry stuff. Yawn!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
More on what will be featured here: Link

Panorama spent a month filming at matches in both the joint host nations and witnessed Nazi salutes from the terraces, black players being taunted with monkey chants, rampant anti-Semitism and a vicious assault on a group of Asian students.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ukraine (who welcomed the Nazis with open arms in WW2) and Poland...racially about as diverse as north Korea...in racism shock!

I went to Warsaw and Poznan with a black colleague recently and there were a LOT of weird looks and mutterings for him. Oddly enough the only "trouble" we had was being knocked back from a city centre restaurant because we were British (4 middle aged sober business people) and they refused to have us in there on those grounds.

Just walking around Warsaw I saw two massive punch ups at about 6 pm because the combatants were f***ing mortal with drink...

These countries were pretty well closed for a long time so anyone who is not like them is liable to come a cropper in the wrong pubs.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bits of this program were shown on main news. Whether its scaremongering or not there are sickening scenes of unprovoked violence.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Am watching this now. Quite an interesting feature but just the 1 question on my mind. Why the f*** did UEFA choose Poland and Ukraine as hosts? Behaviour like that accepted in a nation, how were they even considered?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sol says it used to be the same here. Yeah right, we all used to go down the goldstone with our White power banners and death to the Jews tshirts whilst doing Nazi salutes. :rollseyes:

Shocking scenes.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
short memory notters i can remember white power banners and bnp skinheads outside the north stand at the goldstone

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble is it was not much different in the 80s but everything has moved on in the UK, sadly not in Poland or the Ukraine

Last edited:

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
That was f***ing shocking. God knows what's going to happen during the Euros and whether FIFA and UEFA will try and sweep it under the carpet...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
There must be a reason Euro2012 is being held in Poland and the Ukraine but I'm f***ed if I know it

My thoughts when FIFA awarded the 2018 World Cup to Russia instead of England. If you think Poland and Ukraine are racially-intolerant countries...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
f*** me. That was shocking. Backward countries.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That was f***ing shocking. God knows what's going to happen during the Euros and whether FIFA and UEFA will try and sweep it under the carpet...

That head of police guy who said they have had no racist incidents at football matches in Ukraine for years...! And they've put the Ukraine police in charge of all crowd control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports