Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palarse 20th highest payers in the world

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Wages are so inflated that even parachute money can't cover the losses if a club like Palace are relegated. To be paying double the wages of Burnley and 80million more than Bournemouth and Hull it is a huge risk. The same risk being taken by Stoke, West Brom and of all clubs.. Sunderland! They look a banker for relegation.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Any of the people in the know have an idea where we would sit on that list?

i would has as a guess (pure guess) and say we average on a first team squad of 24 players at 9k per week not sure if we include Murray and his £30-£40K

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
i would has as a guess (pure guess) and say we average on a first team squad of 24 players at 9k per week not sure if we include Murray and his £30-£40K

clearly i am well out......EDIT

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And you SPENT nothing on that PILE you call a ground whilst we have built the infrastructure instead of paying money for LUMPS like Benteke
Oh Ernie come on, you know the TRUTH.

That's why the AMERICANS got involved, THEY are paying for the REDEVELOPMENT of selhurst.
NEVER has a kinder more ALTRUISTIC bunch of lads got INVOLVED in soccer.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Our TINPOT set up makes a PROFIT each season.
Whereas your team announces another £20 mill loss to add to the £250+ mill debt.
Sustainability ?

Yes but historically when your TINPOT club gets into financial trouble you go into TINPOT Administration and end up paying about one tenth of your debt and then start again

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't palace recently taken out a remortgage loan type thing?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
To be fair, in order to compete in the Prem it is necessary to assemble a squad at least capable to compete. Not difficult to imagine how difficult it must be for CPFC to encourage even moderate players to come to Selhurst....hence the highly inflated salaries.
Perhaps we should consider and sympathise with them....I tried, but found myself laughing, now I feel bad. :nono:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If you compare these club's position in the ranking of highest payers with that of most through the turnstiles, Palace and Leicester and to a lesser extent Southampton stick out as trying to pay with the big boys without having the hinterland to warrant it. Do any of the three have any history of spending beyond their means and letting others pick up the bill?

ClubPayAttendance
Man Utd1st2nd
Barcelona2nd3rd
Man City3rd14th
Real Madrid4th4th
Chelsea5th26th
Paris SG6th22nd
Bayern Munich7th5th
Juventus8th34th
Arsenal9th7th
Liverpool10th23rd
Roma11th30th
Tottenham12th39th
Athletico Madrid13th18th
Inter14th17th
West Ham15th42nd
Everton16th36th
Leicester17th77th
Southampton18th56th
Bourissia Dortmund19th1st
Palace20th81st

http://www.footballeconomy.com/cont...football-clubs-ranked-average-attendance-2014

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Palace well know when we get promoted - whether it's this season or ten years time - the order is changing. We have the stadium, the infrastructure and the board to deliver long term success. Yo-yo club Palace have neglected their stadium for so long it'll be their undoing. The next round of admin will result in some sort of AFC Palace starting at the bottom of the pyramid. Would be about time they were punished properly for their actions,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haven't palace recently taken out a remortgage loan type thing?

I take it as no palace types have taken the opportunity to mock me and point out just how wrong I am, I'm not and palace have actually needed to borrow more capital.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I take it as no palace types have taken the opportunity to mock me and point out just how wrong I am, I'm not and palace have actually needed to borrow more capital.

I have read both the BBS and the holmsdale .com and haven't seen it mentioned so I am getting most of my info off here �� But we have made a profit the last 4 seasons on the trot so if and it's a big if some sort of mortgage has been allied for its more than likely a technical type financial movement.

I am aware that it's your duty to take the piss and rightly so ,but this is not the tree to bark up against , you just may well feel a bit silly when palace publish this accounts and Brighton declare there's.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Most of Palace's cash goes on the obscene wages of the vastly overrated, sulky little shit Cabaye #team spirit. The rest goes on a 50p a week retainer for the great white hope Joniesta, and includes two Swizzel chalk lollies and his copy of the Beano into the bargain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have read both the BBS and the holmsdale .com and haven't seen it mentioned so I am getting most of my info off here �� But we have made a profit the last 4 seasons on the trot so if and it's a big if some sort of mortgage has been allied for its more than likely a technical type financial movement.

I am aware that it's your duty to take the piss and rightly so ,but this is not the tree to bark up against , you just may well feel a bit silly when palace publish this accounts and Brighton declare there's.
That's fair enough.
I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it mentioned, and it was recently as well.
At the time I thought it seemed odd, but being palace I couldn't really be bothered.

C'est la vie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here