Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace’s Accounts

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Millwall definitely South London. Palace just a Surrey Club.

Millwall is on the Isle of Dogs, north of the river .
We’ve always played in South London.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Last I looked both Millwall stadiums were south of the river no?

They are the reverse of Arsenal, who moved from South to North London.
Millwall started off in North London, then moved South in 1910.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You like to think that but no way is that South London. Anyway, Surrey is very nice.

Surrey is very nice but not as nice as Sussex. I want to retire to good old Sussex by the sea one day.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
When your Owner is still pumping in £25 mill a season in the PL , it’s not really sustainable.
When your owners are borrowing £40m+ every season and rolling it over Vs TV income, plus relying on selling one AWB every year to avoid going bankrupt, that's definitely sustainable?

Must be nice living on planet nonsense. How's Donald?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
When your owners are borrowing £40m+ every season and rolling it over Vs TV income, plus relying on selling one AWB every year to avoid going bankrupt, that's definitely sustainable?

I want us to beat Palace in all departments, especially on the field but we’re not beating them in points or pounds :(

One day it will be different, until then . . . .

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Surrey is very nice but not as nice as Sussex. I want to retire to good old Sussex by the sea one day.

Surrey is indeed a lovely county, but I moved out of leafy Warlingham and have lived in Sussex since 1988, it’s a great county and luckily where I live there are more Palace fans than Brighton fans... but not as many as Arsenal, there are loads of Arsenal fans ?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I want us to beat Palace in all departments, especially on the field but we’re not beating them in points or pounds :(

One day it will be different, until then . . . .
Until then they will still be a rancid stain on the underpants of English football. A laughing stock that everyone other than their own fans sees them as, because that's what they are.

Palace are having their days in the sun. Fair play to them.

Doesn't change the fact that they are a joke club which has zero respect from any proper football fan though. It's just how it is.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To break even we probably need to sell 'a Dunk' every 3 years, or increase the amount of Connollys and Alzates.

This is why we still need some focus on signings like Mac Allister, Gyokeres, and Mlakar in the next window ( yes, not all work out ).

After the end of the the year ( the dreaded and unmentionable ) Brexit means we can no longer sign players who are under 18 from the EU. Work permits don't even come into it. EU negotiations don't come into it. FIFA forbid it.

Union SG, could however still sign these players, and 'park them' for us. I wonder if they will.

Let's hope their owner has a vested interest in doing so ......

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

This is kind of my point, you're arguing the toss about who's pissing the most money up the wall, it seems a bit pointless. For the record very few football clubs are bring run 'sustainably' Palace and Brighton clearly aren't among them....

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Here we go again.

Brighton and Palace fans take the obvious sides.

'Ooh, look at that debt'. 'Well you get what you pay for'.

Palace are more streetwise than us and know how to get enough results to stay up. We can catch up on that (I hope).

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Palace have amassed 25 points from their games at Selhurst so far this season, making them 12th in the home league table.

In comparison, Brighton have managed 18 points at home, albeit having played one fewer home game.

The worst home record this season goes to Southampton, closely followed by West Ham and Norwich.

Apologies, was talking about the last few years, when it has been quite poor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Apologies, was talking about the last few years, when it has been quite poor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was worse than quite poor, back then. :smile:

It’s odd how this has persisted, there are plenty of palace fans who would have made a similar comment on the BBS.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Until then they will still be a rancid stain on the underpants of English football. A laughing stock that everyone other than their own fans sees them as, because that's what they are.

Palace are having their days in the sun. Fair play to them.

Doesn't change the fact that they are a joke club which has zero respect from any proper football fan though. It's just how it is.
I think our long term prospects look pretty good, you can see a bit of planning in what Tony Bloom is trying to do. Palace are doing brilliantly, as good as it’s ever been for them really, but you don’t get the same sense of forward thinking.

If you asked me, would I swap places with Crystal Palace? It wouldn’t take me long to say no thank you....if you asked a Palace fan the same, I’m sure they’d rather keep what they’ve got too.

No one has a crystal ball so I guess we’ll have to see whose strategy pays off in the long run.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is how Watford survive, on crowds of 20,000. They are spending the Richarlison money at the moment.

Watford, with the Pozzi family connections in Europe, are experts af buying quality PL players:

Pereyra £12m
Capoue £7m
Doucoure £8m
Sarr £25m
Femenia free
Deulofeu £11m
Foster £4m

They’d walk into the Albion team, giving us a proper midfield with pace, power and counter attacking.

Serious mismanagement by the guys before Pearson to steer their squad to the precipice of relegation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here