giphy.gif

popovic-own-goal-cpfc.gif

giphy.gif

throwing-away-money.gif

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They've started far too badly for my liking. That may sound strange but it would be better in the long run if De Boer had picked up a point or two to buy himself more time and ensure his impact would be strong and long lasting. As it is, it's not even the end of August and it's already a matter of time before he goes, which gives them loads of time to climb away from trouble.

Not enough time in the transfer market to change things tough. It closes very shortly

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I get quite annoyed when I keep hearing phrases like "that's so Gay" being used to describe something as being bad. Hetro's often do not realise what this actually feels like to a gay person, and probably 99.9 % of those making these remarks and chants don't have a bad bone in their body, they don't realise the damage that this can do to youngsters or vulnerable people, and probably don't consider for a second they are being homophobic, but they are- and the casual acceptance that its ok for others to denigrate and belittle us is almost as bad..

With you completely. I never much gave the "so gay" comment any notice until a very close friend pointed out what was blindingly obvious and I stopped my 2 lads from doing it ever since. It wasn't difficult explaining why either, it's taking the piss out of someone that they respect and look up to and to their credit they now won't tolerate their friends saying it either. I don't pretend to understand why a bloke is attracted to other men but likewise it baffles me why so many straight people have problems with it.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that Palace fan when he says he knows lots of homophobic Brighton fans. Of course there are Brighton fans who are very vocally homophobic but it all sounds like so much deflection and some sort of justification for homophobic anti-Brighton chants. I hope I'm not being holier-than-thou when I say that we don't sing homophobic songs/chants.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Leak a few little titbits to the media.
Try and deflect the blame away from the top table.

BOOM

Cheap transfer window. [emoji106]
Normally they make a derisory bid for one of our players as well to keep the goons gallery happy.

Classic Prince Charming transfer strategy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
With you completely. I never much gave the "so gay" comment any notice until a very close friend pointed out what was blindingly obvious and I stopped my 2 lads from doing it ever since. It wasn't difficult explaining why either, it's taking the piss out of someone that they respect and look up to and to their credit they now won't tolerate their friends saying it either. I don't pretend to understand why a bloke is attracted to other men but likewise it baffles me why so many straight people have problems with it.

I'm sorry but I don't believe that Palace fan when he says he knows lots of homophobic Brighton fans. Of course there are Brighton fans who are very vocally homophobic but it all sounds like so much deflection and some sort of justification for homophobic anti-Brighton chants. I hope I'm not being holier-than-thou when I say that we don't sing homophobic songs/chants.

I think the flawed logic is that he believes our offence at homophobic songs is due to us not wishing to be 'accused' of being homosexual , whereas most people couldn't care less about that but find the songs cruel and discriminatory.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They've started far too badly for my liking. That may sound strange but it would be better in the long run if De Boer had picked up a point or two to buy himself more time and ensure his impact would be strong and long lasting. As it is, it's not even the end of August and it's already a matter of time before he goes, which gives them loads of time to climb away from trouble.

They've not started too badly because they have given us such a laugh.

I agree that FDB's job is looking a bit dodgy, but it would be madness to bin him after 3 or so games. He's a proper 'name' in the game unlike that American fella Swansea appointed. A laughing stock if they bin him or a laughing stock if he stays. What's not to like?

If FDB goes, they will have to pay handsomely for a replacement because as job vacancies go that's gonna be unappealing for anyone good.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
They've not started too badly because they have given us such a laugh.

I agree that FDB's job is looking a bit dodgy, but it would be madness to bin him after 3 or so games. He's a proper 'name' in the game unlike that American fella Swansea appointed. A laughing stock if they bin him or a laughing stock if he stays. What's not to like?

If FDB goes, they will have to pay handsomely for a replacement because as job vacancies go that's gonna be unappealing for anyone good.

Yes, it looks as though Agent FdB may have been rumbled a bit sooner than we would have liked. I hope he can last a few more games though to give us some more laughs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've always broadly liked Simon Jordan, Palace connections aside. Calls it as he sees it unlike many.

Sticking it to Parish et al this morning too...

[tweet]901873422824861697[/tweet]

[tweet]902093139229507584[/tweet]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've always broadly liked Simon Jordan, Palace connections aside. Calls it as he sees it unlike many.

However this wasn't so good!

Screenshot 2017-08-28 at 12.45.35.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-08-28 at 12.45.35.png
    Screenshot 2017-08-28 at 12.45.35.png
    740.3 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here