Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
This is the point that the rosy spinning palace fans are unable to see.

Palace is not the charity of choice money pit of these Americans.

They'll want to be maximising their cash take out, doing just enough to keep palace in the PL. All it takes from there is a couple of mistakes leading to relegation, and the palace House of Cards collapses

Interesting couple of comments in today's Guardian from Pardew, where he is saying, if Parish doesn't get the control he has been told he would have after the investment, then he is off. He also states, that he expects no new money being made available for transfers and voices a fear of losing Bolasie and Dann as they are the players who are driving the club forward.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...w-crystal-palace-us-investment-transfer-funds

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is the point that the rosy spinning palace fans are unable to see.

Palace is not the charity of choice money pit of these Americans.

They'll want to be maximising their cash take out, doing just enough to keep palace in the PL. All it takes from there is a couple of mistakes leading to relegation, and the palace House of Cards collapses.

And if that happens, they'll then follow the Oyston model for maximising profits from a relegated PL club.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Interesting couple of comments in today's Guardian from Pardew, where he is saying, if Parish doesn't get the control he has been told he would have after the investment, then he is off. He also states, that he expects no new money being made available for transfers and voices a fear of losing Bolasie and Dann as they are the players who are driving the club forward.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...w-crystal-palace-us-investment-transfer-funds

I'm most upset that Al hasn't told everyone we have millions to spend in January and I fully expect him to tender his resignation forthwith .

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011

Jeez, talk about putting your own spin on it??!! I actually clicked the link and read the article. Nothing of what you've just posted is what is actually said in the article!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Jeez, talk about putting your own spin on it??!! I actually clicked the link and read the article. Nothing of what you've just posted is what is actually said in the article!

Don't be surprised .

albionite

May 20, 2009
To be fair, we are not short in any position (other than perhaps another striker) and everyone knows the winter window is a bad time to do business.

Another Nigel trying to defend their tinpot club :ffsparr:

Why even try sad bellends?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not stirring because it is Palace, but I was at a football related meeting earlier this week and there were only bad things being said about the new investors.

Parish, loathe him or loathe him, has done well for Palace, but once they have control the Americans will start to set the agenda, regardless of Parish's day to day role.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

So how do you interpret the following quotes?

"That new era has been on the horizon since before Pardew’s arrival from Newcastle in January. Parish maintaining control of the decision process was the crucial point in negotiations and Pardew suggested he would not remain as manager if that stipulation was not enforced"

"It is unlikely to grow stronger in the near future. “I don’t see me doing too much business in January. We probably have a little surplus that needs trimming, one or two who might go on loan or move out. Certainly we don’t want to lose our key players because they – Yannick Bolasie, Scott Dann – are driving the club forward"

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All is rosy, rosy, rosy for mighty palace.

All hail to them.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Forgive me, I must have misread the thread title...

How did you do that from bbs?

You have to admit you do come across as a muppet coming onto a rivals forum to look for Nigel threads to tell us all how wrong we are about your shitty little club.

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
So how do you interpret the following quotes?

"That new era has been on the horizon since before Pardew’s arrival from Newcastle in January. Parish maintaining control of the decision process was the crucial point in negotiations and Pardew suggested he would not remain as manager if that stipulation was not enforced"

"It is unlikely to grow stronger in the near future. “I don’t see me doing too much business in January. We probably have a little surplus that needs trimming, one or two who might go on loan or move out. Certainly we don’t want to lose our key players because they – Yannick Bolasie, Scott Dann – are driving the club forward"

The actual quote is:

"If it wasn’t that vision that he sold me, I probably wouldn’t be here."

He was speaking in the past tense, meaning that it was Parish's vision that got him to become our manager in the first place.

Interesting, the article was written by Alan Smith - who hails from? You guest it - hove!

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
How did you do that from bbs?

You have to admit you do come across as a muppet coming onto a rivals forum to look for Nigel threads to tell us all how wrong we are about your shitty little club.

At work, having my lunch and just clicked on the link from the BBS to see what you lot were saying about our investment. Interesting read. It strikes me that the vitriol gives away the annoyance of some on here that we are moving in the right direction.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
The actual quote is:

He was speaking in the past tense, meaning that it was Parish's vision that got him to become our manager in the first place.

Interesting, the article was written by Alan Smith - who hails from? You guest it - hove!

But Jukesy (are you an estate agent) palace control Littlehampton, Worthing and probably Hove. You are a mighty team with mighty fans who wear mighty socks.

Jukesy

Apr 13, 2011
But Jukesy (are you an estate agent) palace control Littlehampton, Worthing and probably Hove. You are a mighty team with mighty fans who wear mighty socks.

Sorry mate, Mr Smith is from Hove and I was suggesting that he is more likely a Brighton fan, which would explain the slightly anti-Palace bias of his article - nothing more.

(Run a print business)

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The actual quote is:

So why does he say he would not remain as manager if that stipulation was not enforced, surely that is future tense?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here