Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Behave. Millwall don't "hate" palace they laugh at you. Everyone laughs at you, and why is this? Firstly geography, stuck as you are in an unfashionable suburb surrounded by fried chicken shops and outlets where you can cable money to Bangladesh as easily as you can buy a copy of the sun. Your kit is ridiculous, your logo is shit and your ground is an eyesore, your chairman is a total tool and Kid Jensen is your spokesman...what on earth makes you think that anyone not actually born in Dulwich or Shirley Oaks would want to support you? You're a standing joke.

You missed out pretty much all the main reasons any genuine club would think they're an utter joke:

GOAL MUSIC (still can't quite believe this, any proper fan would be utterly fuming about this, would never EVER happen at the Albion)
Call and Response of the goalscorer's name (The most MLS, new-to-football thing you can do)
Half time BIRD SHOW (Words fail me.)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nah mate, nowhere near London. Bunch of sorry Surrey wankers.
They're in norwood , se25 mate, its london, croydon is london as well much as we might want to wind them up its a fact, london expands constantly , croydon mighht not have been london a 100 years ago but it is now.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
They're in norwood , se25 mate, its london, croydon is london as well much as we might want to wind them up its a fact, london expands constantly , croydon mighht not have been london a 100 years ago but it is now.

You're quite passionate about them Alf, do you have a soft spot for them? I do; it's called quicksand.

Worthing and Eastbourne have Brighton postcodes. Are they in Brighton?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You missed out pretty much all the main reasons any genuine club would think they're an utter joke:

GOAL MUSIC (still can't quite believe this, any proper fan would be utterly fuming about this, would never EVER happen at the Albion)
Call and Response of the goalscorer's name (The most MLS, new-to-football thing you can do)
Half time BIRD SHOW (Words fail me.)

I just hope we don't start announcing away attendances and encouraging applause for all the effort they've made getting to our wonderful stadium .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just hope we don't start announcing away attendances and encouraging applause for all the effort they've made getting to our wonderful stadium .

Yes because doing that really is tinpot, chavvy and usa usa isnt it? :facepalm:

Sadly the mods wont do anything with your lot over here.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If it ended up anything like the BBS version, the you really wouldn't. I visited the BBS away end for the first time in 3 years the other day (when I was having a poo, coincidentally enough). It is a mis-nomer as far as I could tell: 5 out of the top 10 threads were discussions about Brighton and what's being discussed on NSC (2 of which were around 500 pages long!), and all of the contributing posters seemed to be the same small number of Palace fans, not 'away' fans.

I was restricted to reading something like 5-6 pages before I was requested to register, or I guess I could've deleted my cookies, but I wasn't remotely inclined to do either - the contents of the bog-roll post wipe was more intelligible reading.

I do not understand why a rival fan would want to post on our site. I have never had any interest in what any of them have got to say or are saying about us. Plus itll be the usual haha wonky warehouse! haha gays! haha we beat you 2-0 etc etc.

But the mods NEED to take a good look at themselves as now we edge closer to possible promotion we will be absolutely INFESTED by them. Its like a plague of rats. Now Bozza could be the pied piper here and lead them all to the away end. But where is the money in that :shrug:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yes because doing that really is tinpot, chavvy and usa usa isnt it? :facepalm:

Sadly the mods wont do anything with your lot over here.

Why would they , I've corresponded with the mods from time to time and it's fine . You need to grow a pair , stop wingding about every palace poster and not take things so seriously . It's not real, you know , it's just jousting and mild piss taking too and fro . Don't view palace threads if it annoys you so much cause it obviously does .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

In all seriousness, how do you feel about the MLS elements of your club?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Dougie, almost 3.5k posts on here in 4 years. Serious question, why?

I've only managed 1.5k in 10 years. I understand a few posts from other fans but you seem obsessed with us. I can honestly say I have never been on any Palace forum because it turns in to a 'my knob's bigger than yours' debate. Which is exactly how you come across. It would be ok if what you had to say was interesting. But it never is.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why would they , I've corresponded with the mods from time to time and it's fine . You need to grow a pair , stop wingding about every palace poster and not take things so seriously . It's not real, you know , it's just jousting and mild piss taking too and fro . Don't view palace threads if it annoys you so much cause it obviously does .

Trouble is your lot are on every ****ing thread and you are a disrespectful palace fan. All the new lot are. Bring back SJLM and Croydon bloke, proper respectful Palace fans.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Really not sure what the hell you are on about. Dougie? underhand double deals?

A few clues old chap and apologies regards name bloop cpfc calling you Dougie but you all sound and look the same to me.
quote ..(wealth is transparent rather than relying on one person to prop up a club who's wealth is a mystery)..are you trying to tell me that everything about palace over the years was transparent and the football club never once hid their wealth or lack of it from people and companies,and said companies were not ridden roughshod over by underhand deals ...if you think that then it really is a mystery

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You're quite passionate about them Alf, do you have a soft spot for them? I do; it's called quicksand.

Worthing and Eastbourne have Brighton postcodes. Are they in Brighton?
No, i despise them , wankers with delusions of grandeur, but i cant abide complete and utter rubbish, they're a london club, like it or not, as for the post code question , worthing and eastbourne have BN postcodes , the letters BN just signify the centre of the post code area , not that they are in brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's be honest, what could possibly go wrong....?
I'm sure the 76'ers fans thought the same, when these people took over their play-off club.

This season they're 1 win 26 loses.
The last 2 and a half seasons their record is 38 wins 153 loses.

All the while charging full price for seats.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
In all seriousness, how do you feel about the MLS elements of your club?

Well I for one, cringe at the name thingy after a goal, but then I am a 50 year old miserable git.

Nothing wrong with the Eagle, its our nickname and the kids love it.

The drum, again not my thing as "back in the day" we could sing without one.

Ultras, Its a Fad, the same way as boot boys were and old school hooligans, in my eyes just call yourself s football fans.

Music after goals, I must confess dont notice it until I watch it on the telly..Not necessary in my eyes.

The Crystals, Make me feel like a dirty old man having thoughts over young ladies in scanty cloths at half time...stops me going out for a fag though !!

All in all try not to let it bother me too much, I go for a beer and football and will go what ever league we play in, its just what I do.

Norwood is in the greater London boundary by about 10 miles

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know the palace fans want to put loads of rosy, rosy spin on it, but do any actually have serious reservations ???

Trouble is your lot are on every ****ing thread and you are a disrespectful palace fan. All the new lot are. Bring back SJLM and Croydon bloke, proper respectful Palace fans.

He's my Brother and indeed a very good man, although I try to be respectful I have more history of naughtiness from the old 3rd division days, & I take the P on Nsc a lot more,However I have sponsored people on Nsc and donate to Remf, so am not all bad.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I know the palace fans want to put loads of rosy, rosy spin on it, but do any actually have serious reservations ???

Yes I have reservations but what palace fan wouldn't after our past .We don't know the ins and outs of the deal , all we know is they have been talking for 16 months or so . I will put my trust in our 4 owners who will not want to jeopardise all their good work . its pointless trying to guess what the deal is but on the face of it it seems like good news .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here