Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace vs Everton FA Cup tonight at 8 PM

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I note Michael Salisbury on assistant VAR duty. As though Pawson needed any assistance to make a worse decision. Honestly, I think that's one of the worst decisions I've seen this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"palace are definitely going for it".

Well that's pleasing to know 83 minutes into a home tie FA Cup match.
Roy has two strikers (well, "strikers") on the pitch now. He's losing his mind!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
The problem is when you have everyone crying for consistency all the time then that means it has to be letter of the law, because “common sense” will vary among different people, referees and VAR included.
True, but the “studs up” red card criteria that they say should be used is a) are Studs up, b) is force being applied and c) is the player out of control. In Calvin Lewis’s case a) is yes but b) and c) are no.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a joke decision. There I and think closeby ref thought what a good tackle. For f sake players coming together in tgackles often make contact with each other. Nothing dirty or deliberate about it

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
True, but the “studs up” red card criteria that they say should be used is a) are Studs up, b) is force being applied and c) is the player out of control. In Calvin Lewis’s case a) is yes but b) and c) are no.

I agree, don’t think it was a red at all but studs high over the ball has been penalised already this season in other matches.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I must have dozed off for a bit: how did the new Neymar get on? I trust he's still lighting up the pitch with his £18 million worth of silky Brazilian skills?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What a joke decision. There I and think closeby ref thought what a good tackle. For f sake players coming together in tgackles often make contact with each other. Nothing dirty or deliberate about it
Had the shin been 2 inches to the right DCL would have been straight off and nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here