Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Palace vs Everton FA Cup tonight at 8 PM

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Lots of 'why is it on telly' comments, so which games would you choose?
There are 9 live games including those on iplayer and S4C. Remember you're aiming for an audience whose only footy is MOTD so you're looking for teams with huge support along with a possible giant killing.
Spurs v Burnley for supporters.
AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich giant killing (?)
Sunderland v Newcastle no brainer
Stoke v BHA giant killing
Boro v Villa giant killing
Peterborough v Leeds Not on TV but surely bigger than Palace Everton
Arsenal v Liverpool another no brainer
Wigan v Man Utd giant killing but who is the giant?
That's 8 hence palace tonight.
Maidstone V Stevenage
Newport V Eastleigh.
West Brom V Aldershot

The whole "magic" of the cup is non league sides being on a level playing field to the big boys. Shame they didn't get great draws but surely all three must think they have a chance of progressing. The £50k (I think) TV money would be very welcome as well!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Two clubs playing a tie for a place in the next round of a competition both are desperate not to be involved in this year. It could be quite fun.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If that's true then it's commendable really.
It’s not true - £15 adults - £10 snr - £5 kids. Not bad pricing - sure it’ll be a sellout given their loyal support

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Whatever day it's played, it'll be a DOG of a game. Two shit teams who won't give a toss. I'd rather watch a Mrs Browns Boys omnibus.

Ok, I've gone a little too far there perhaps. The chance of some more slow motion facepalms in the home crowd behind the goal MIGHT tempt me in. But only if I'm chronically bored off my tits tomorrow.
I'm annoyed at myself that I already know I will watch it.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
It’s not true - £15 adults - £10 snr - £5 kids. Not bad pricing - sure it’ll be a sellout given their loyal support
Sold way more than I (and the club probably) expected. Had to open a couple of blocks of the AW stand, as everything else was sold out. Fair play to Everton for bringing 4k to Selhurst on a wet Thursday in January

SAC

May 21, 2014
Sold way more than I (and the club probably) expected. Had to open a couple of blocks of the AW stand, as everything else was sold out. Fair play to Everton for bringing 4k to Selhurst on a wet Thursday in January
Any fans who attend an away match should be applauded, in particular on a Thursday evening. I suspect most will be from the South East rather than from Liverpool.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I’d definitely prefer Everton to win, after a bad tempered affair with the odd season ending injury for the hosts.

The main reason for this is so that Palace will have gone out of every cup* this season before we had even kicked a ball in any of them.

(* yes I know they didn’t qualify for the Europa League but they could have.)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Everton to win in a manner that is utterly soul destroying and confidence crushing for Palace. But then the result rescinded due to some technicality just to see the Everton meltdown about "corruption" again.

Then some non-league team to get a by to play Palace instead, and then that team to beat them by several goals.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Back on the main topic: surely some people must find Mrs Brown's Boys funny? Possibly the same people that still snigger at calling the palarse manager "woy"? Just a theory.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Any fans who attend an away match should be applauded, in particular on a Thursday evening. I suspect most will be from the South East rather than from Liverpool.
Appears to have sold out to Season Ticket Members. Albeit from talking to Everton fans over the years I think access to away tickets depends as much on knowing a guy as it does having your own ticket/points.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This match screams "the magic of the Cup" doesn't it?

Nearly as much as Stoke City v Brighton does :lol:

Any match with the clumsy Jean Philippe Mateta up against Dyche's lumbering back line of gargantuan hoofbastards does not bode well for a quality entertainment experience. It's hard to see Roy picking Olise as they simply can't afford their replacement for Tiny Tears in the key One Man Team role to get injured in a cup tie when he's the only thing standing between them and another relegation battle. So it's probably going to be Jordan Ayew running around in circles and diving to win free kicks all night, coupled with the Brazilian boy wonder who to this point hasn't seemed to be quite the prospective Neymar they dreamed he was going to be.

In short: 90 minutes of Dyche-ball v Roy-ball. Dreamland:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here