Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace undesirables

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
We were 3rd box closest to the Albion fans, top tier. We (well, [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION]) had a Spanish flag and an Albion scarf. We had inflatable seagulls but 'lost' one. The rest were then barred from coming outside.

Now that is proper 'living on the edge' :jester:

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
That's ridiculous. If Palace did that to us this board would go into melt down about how the total lack of respect deserved a good slapping all round.

Not really, we paid good money and on booking they informed us that a good 30% of the lounge was Brighton fans. Before during and after the game the banter was good, exactly how the rivalry should be, it was only a very small Palace minority probably more akin to the Jeremy Kyle show than hospitality that spoilt it.

el punal

Wasn't there a massive thread about an Albion fan getting a life ban after confronting a Palace fan or two after last years defeat at the Amex. There would definitely be fisticuffs if there were a group of Palace fans singing in the 1901 or a box in the 1901 area

No it would'nt - it would be jousting with prawns.

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
More than likely struggling to accept that we're probably going to lose and didn't like it being rubbed in their faces. Don't condone it though and I apologise on behalf of all decent palace fans

Well said that man, i want the albion to win and go onto Wembley as much as any Brighton fan but some people just need to grow up.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's ridiculous. If Palace did that to us this board would go into melt down about how the total lack of respect deserved a good slapping all round.

Indeed. There was outrage about Palace fans in 1901 giving it large - perfectly understandable palace fans having the same feelings.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
They have no class, the rivalry is not just about football it's cultural now, we are everything they will never be, better club and a better place to live, and whilst we have a number of scumbags it's never what they have to deal with.

This just seems so ironic after the past week or so, don't get me wrong I'd much rather live in Brighton than Croydon (as I did) but the rest is utter nonsense.

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
They have no class, the rivalry is not just about football it's cultural now, we are everything they will never be, better club and a better place to live, and whilst we have a number of scumbags it's never what they have to deal with.

"better place to live"?

Do you really think most Palace fans live around the ground, which of course is a dump of an area? A lot of Palace fans liver in affluent parts of London, Surrey, Kent and Crystal Palace itself which is our original home, which has become a trendy area of late.

"better club"?

You don't see Palace treating opposing teams with crap on the dressing floor and our staff sending team buses the wrong way. Where is your common decency and class? And in terms of success in recent decades, we've performed better than you and that's saying something. You have a nicer stadium and bigger gates which is great for you and has set the benchmark in these areas for us to aim for, but does that make you a better club? Does your academy produce the young players that we do? Come back to me when Man U spend 15 million on one of your graduates.

"no class"

see comments again about poohgate etc...

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
"better place to live"?

Do you really think most Palace fans live around the ground, which of course is a dump of an area? A lot of Palace fans liver in affluent parts of London, Surrey, Kent and Crystal Palace itself which is our original home, which has become a trendy area of late.

"better club"?

You don't see Palace treating opposing teams with crap on the dressing floor and our staff sending team buses the wrong way. Where is your common decency and class? And in terms of success in recent decades, we've performed better than you and that's saying something. You have a nicer stadium and bigger gates which is great for you and has set the benchmark in these areas for us to aim for, but does that make you a better club? Does your academy produce the young players that we do? Come back to me when Man U spend 15 million on one of your graduates.

"no class"

“We scored three.”

So did we.

As for the excrement in the changing-room, I give you two words: agent provocateur.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"better place to live"?

"better club"?

"no class"

Desperately trying to find something to argue with. Can't.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Desperately trying to find something to argue with. Can't.

This. I wish some muppets on here would realise that now is NOT a good time for us to try and take the piss out of them. No wonder they think some of us are obsessed...

"better place to live"?

"better club"?

"no class"

Is this you dickhead?

eggandchipsee1.jpg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Ha ha...we can meet face to face if you want and you can find out? Or are you just another keyboard warrior? Love the fact you couldn't think of anything constructive to say to counter argue my post, so you just send this instead and call me a dickhead. To be fair I did laugh

haha sounds like you're both keyboard warriors to be honest :)

You're name isn't Denis by any chance is it?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd just like to say that I would be DEEPLY upset if any Crystal Palace supporters were allowed to get away with this kind of behaviour in the 1901 and therefore I cannot condemn any Palace who may have taken a swing at you whilst you took liberties in their hospitality lounge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here