Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace 'Ultras' @ Watford

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I like that video, we had a cracking night, bouncing around - the atmosphere of Palace games is why I first got a season ticket. Its all much more fun if the place is rocking. The strobe lights were a weird thing to bring (no idea how they got in, but no idea how small they are either) and it does look a bit like a disco... the flares were f***ing loud when set off and the total tool who flung a seat down into his own fans needs a good shoeing.

But if you want some noise and atmosphere then surely this is how you do it, no ? If thats not your thing I understand, and while the whole 'ultras' thing is too much for me this lot get Selhurst going every week and generally make most of the noise. They also arrange all the displays and while I understand why people take the piss it generates unity and togetherness that also helps atmosphere and who doesnt need that ? Its not like the football is always world class as I believe the first 20 at Watford highlighted...

But did we help our team get back in the game ? You're f***ing right we did. Wouldnt have bossed the last hour if we were silent and pissed off about the lads having a shocker and just complaining and moaning, we generally have the 'f*** it' attitude in such games, lets have a bit of a sing anyway - such as the "2-0 and you still dont sing" chant. Marvellous. In my opinion.

Difficult to argue with this, to be fair.

On TV, the Palace fans sounded unbelievable that night and were clearly a factor in them coming back to draw the game.

We are going to have to be right on it on 17th March. They will make LOADS of noise and we have to come back with something better than the 'we forgot you were here', and 'worst support we've ever seen' shit.

Should be interesting

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Are you some kind of rugby supporting corduroy trouser wearing prawn sandwich noshing upper middle class twonk? This is what the majority of about 2,500 of us were doing all of the game, particularly when 2-0 down. It's called being passionate about your team and inspiring them to play better. And they did. We probably got a goal from our support alone.

If you'd rather sit around and moan for most of the game, then you have the team that you deserve. :bigwave:

Ah I see so because I think it's embarrassing for a fully grown male to be dancing around claiming to be an ultra I'm a middle class twonk. Can't really read your logic there.

You crack on 'getting goals for your club'. Jesus wept... seriously if I came home and proudly announced to my dorris that I've decided to become an ultra and from now on I would be devoting my efforts to making banners and sneaking disco sets into football grounds, I would fully expect her to leave me.

Unless your special needs or under 13 there's no excuse for saying your an 'ultra' it's 2013 for fucks sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you like prawn sandwiches, OP?

Yeah.

Jan 30, 2008

On TV, the Palace fans sounded unbelievable that night and were clearly a factor in them coming back to draw the game.

We are going to have to be right on it on 17th March. They will make LOADS of noise and we have to come back with something better than the 'we forgot you were here', and 'worst support we've ever seen' shit.

Should be interesting
over there , over there, and do they smeLLLLLLLLLL like f***ing heLLLLLLLLL :facepalm:
regards
DR

- - - Updated - - -

Should be interesting
over there , over there, and do they smeLLLLLLLLLL like f***ing heLLLLLLLLL :facepalm:
regards
DR

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
You crack on 'getting goals for your club'. Jesus wept... seriously if I came home and proudly announced to my dorris that I've decided to become an ultra and from now on I would be devoting my efforts to making banners and sneaking disco sets into football grounds, I would fully expect her to leave me.
Now we're getting to the nub of the matter. Your missus wears the trousers in your house, and tells you what you can and can't do at football. :lolol:

Seems Palace officials are trying to hide what really went on at Watford -

Posted today by CPFC2010 -

"We better keep this confidential.

Sadly Palace fans broke 60 seats at Watford including several melted by flares so we cannot plead innocence on the subject of mis-behaving supporters.

There is a small minority of people who follow both Charlton and Palace who are a complete embarrassment and the sooner we get rid of them the better

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Should be interesting

All true, however they were UTTERLY shit last season at the Amex. Deafening silence from them until the final 10 mins.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009

Sadly Palace fans broke 60 seats at Watford including several melted by flares so we cannot plead innocence on the subject of mis-behaving supporters.

There is a small minority of people who follow both Charlton and Palace who are a complete embarrassment and the sooner we get rid of them the better

Trying to hide it by posting it on a public forum? That makes sense.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I genuinely couldn't believe it. I know you'd be quiet after going a goal down early on, but your side started playing. Still....nothing. From our BIGGEST rivals. Baffling.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I genuinely couldn't believe it. I know you'd be quiet after going a goal down early on, but your side started playing. Still....nothing. From our BIGGEST rivals. Baffling.

I was in the away end and we sang pretty much throughout, must be something with the accoustics in your ground? Do you sit right at the other end to the away end?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was in the away end and we sang pretty much throughout, must be something with the accoustics in your ground? Do you sit right at the other end to the away end?

If a large percentage of the away stand sings, we can hear you in the North. He's right, you were silent until the equaliser.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

who are these people who support charlton AND palace?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I sit in WSU and have heard very loud support from Leeds, Middlesborough and many more. You were comfortably one of the quietest all season.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trying to score pathetic points, you won the game deservedly. Was just shocked by the lack of noise.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

Some might call your selective quoting dishonest.

CPFC2010 said:
What I meant was it is confidential what we have discussed with Charlton regarding payment for damage caused by their supporters.

Did everyone else get that? The confidential bit was to do with Charlton smashing our seats, discussion of what happened at Watford was completely in the open.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I sit in WSU and have heard very loud support from Leeds, Middlesborough and many more. You were comfortably one of the quietest all season.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not trying to score pathetic points, you won the game deservedly. Was just shocked by the lack of noise.

Let me guess...you thought you made a wall of noise in both the Selhurst game this season and last?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't think flares, smoke bombs or stun grenades would wake up the east Stand! :lolol:

My son is convinced that the East stand doesn't really exist... its just a cardboard cut-out erected on match day and that's why there is no noise or animated behaviour from over there.

But then he also believes that we should have a large curtain erected around the away fans so that we can just pull it closed and pretend they're not there!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Listening to the radio commentary which is entirely different to being in the ground , there were snippets of noise from the South Stand on a few occasions but they were quickly drowned out by the noise coming from all around the rest of the stadium. After Winifred got the equaliser in the 80th minute you were heard because Albion fans left early in droves to get the buses and trains.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here