Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace top of the Championship thread

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Parr and Bolassie have both been tripped OUTSIDE the box this season and the ref has awarded penalty kicks.

I don't think anyone is disputing that at CPFC, the Parr one could have gone either way I thought but Bolasie's was definitely outside.

It didn't matter anyway as Glenn was kind enough to put it straight at the keeper.

I know we've had a heck of a lot of penalties this season, but you had an awful lot the year you won League One, it's a sign of a good attacking team when the oppo resort to reckless challenges to stop them scoring.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Dont worry about the deluded welching captain , he sees things !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it must be said that Murray has exceeded the expectation of most this season and even staunch BHA fans didn't expect him to get this many goals for any team in The Championship.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
So they are doing OK. I seem to remember we did well last year, and things are not total crap at the moment.
After having a good look at each team, who would you think were closer to success? What goes around comes around, just keep a few of these posts and be ready to paste them back in April.
If they go up, so what it will be real fun seeing them get demolished every week.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think that it must be said that Murray has exceeded the expectation of most this season and even staunch BHA fans didn't expect him to get this many goals for any team in The Championship.

The funny thing with FFS murray (p) is that he takes a bad penalty .

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Not for me. I was really surprised he under-achieved last season as the season before he was easily our best player IMO.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Also FFS murray (p) seems so much happier and is acknowledging the crowd alot more than last season . Could 20 goals be on ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Lots of new Palace fans on here.

where were they a few weeks ago when they thought Freedman was crap, ans FFS Murray was useless?

Yes, they're on a good run, let's see how long it lasts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not for me. I was really surprised he under-achieved last season as the season before he was easily our best player IMO.

That is easy to say now and be wise in hindsight. I wonder if Gus is saying or thinking perhaps I should have given into him and given him the wage he wanted, I doubt it.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I will actually stick my neck out and say well done Palace (so far!). I'll be the first to admit that I had them doomed after those early games at Bristol City and the League Cup at Preston. Things didn't look good. But somehow they have found momentum and have beaten the likes of Cardiff, Bolton, Wolves and Leicester. The stats don't lie - they have beaten four clubs you would expect to be up there pushing for promotion.

However, as those early games prove, football can change very quickly. Look at Reading's poor start last season. Who would've thought they would go on to win the league?!

So yes, I must applaud you Palace for your great start, you have surprised me and I imagine lots of others. But there's a long way to go yet!! ;-)

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
1. No you can't. I could see a claim for Schmeichel, nobody else.
2. Jedinak is, by far, the best defensive midfielder I've ever seen at Palace. He's incredible. We've played against all of the teams in the top 4 so far and Jedinak has absolutely ran the show in every game we've played. Leicester fans said he was the best midfielder they had ever seen in the Championship. Blackburn fans said the same thing. Some quotes from their forum:
"You were too good today in the midfield, Jedinak and Dikgacoi are two quality central midfielders, two great powerhouses can pass well and can tackle, just too strong for our midfield especially in the first half. We all knew Zaha was a danger, but we saw the likes of Tom Ince and Albert Adomah at the King Power this season already, but Zaha was by far the best and most dangerous, Bolasie as well was quality, great skill and pace.
From what I saw today, I think you will be up there challenging"

"Great player is Jedinak probably the best midfielder, to come to the King Power this season."

"I liked the look of Jedinak very imposing central midfielder certainly bossed us."

"Palace are the best team I've seen this season, except for us obviously. Thought Zaha and Bolasie on the wings were great, whilst Jedinak was a monster in the centre of midfield."

"Jedinak and Dikgacoi were just too good, too powerful for our little midfield"

I don't know if we'll be below you again this season. It's possible, but I very much doubt that you'll finish ahead of us. Our strike force is just too good for this division.

Did the teams you drew with or the teams you lost to in the first three games (he was playing in those three games wasn't he) give such high praise? Congratulations on being top by the way.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
That is easy to say now and be wise in hindsight. I wonder if Gus is saying or thinking perhaps I should have given into him and given him the wage he wanted, I doubt it.

It wasn't in hindsight though for a lot of people. It was probably the biggest topic of conversation with me and my mates in the run up to last season. We couldn't believe he had been let go. Of course we don't know what really went on but Gus thought or someone advised Gus that CMS was going to be better.

The other option is that Gus wanted to steer our way of playing away from the pump it to Murray and saw a more mobile hard working striker as a better bet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think anyone is disputing that at CPFC, the Parr one could have gone either way I thought but Bolasie's was definitely outside.

It didn't matter anyway as Glenn was kind enough to put it straight at the keeper.

I know we've had a heck of a lot of penalties this season, but you had an awful lot the year you won League One, it's a sign of a good attacking team when the oppo resort to reckless challenges to stop them scoring.
duplicate

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

The main reason we were given a lot of penalties for our title winning side in League 1 - Glenn Murray and that split second hesitancy with the left foot pulled back to make it look like contact has been made when it hasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here