Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace supposedly make derisory bid for Dunk

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
That's not moaning,his red cards did cost us dear at vital points of the season,he did refuse to play in the league cup for us,get rid while someone's willing to pay silly money.
That's true, but he also secured us many points and without his input, we wouldn't have came so close to clinching automatic promotion (was it Brum where he and Goldson both scored?)

Sent from popcorn packets for NSC binfests

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Think you're spectacularly wrong on this one, Mr Putdown. Rapid, good movement, and a quality finisher. I'd take a Gayle-Dunk swap in a flash, in part because we're strong in central defence -- I'd be confident with Goldson and Uwe, but we could even pick up another quality signing -- and have a history of developing central defenders (with Dallison next in line?), whereas we need two forwards.

Fair enough, he certainly divides opinion. Having watched every game he's played for us bar one, I'd suggest that he really isn't that fast at all and, in the main, his movement and positional sense is very poor for a striker. Sure he's scored some spectacular goals but he's also failed to bury plenty of sitters.

More damning is that he's failed to hold down a first team place under five different managers whilst at Palace.

I'd love him to prove me wrong but I honestly don't think he will ever cut it as a top class striker.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
That's true, but he also secured us many points and without his input, we wouldn't have came so close to clinching automatic promotion (was it Brum where he and Goldson both scored?)

Totally agree, he was excellent this season, it will only be when he leaves people will realis how good the lad actually is. He was our top goal scorer the season before too.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
This isn't me trying to wind you all up but...

This sounds to me like his agent is trying to get him a move. I'm not saying Dunk wants to leave but lots of people our end are saying there has 100% not been a bid.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Dunk will leave in the next window and this is the start of a bidding war . Someone will pay top dollar for him and I hope that isn't us .

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Dunk is class...Anyone that thinks he's not, I would love to know who you think would easily replace him!

albionite

May 20, 2009
Fair enough, he certainly divides opinion. Having watched every game he's played for us bar one, I'd suggest that he really isn't that fast at all and, in the main, his movement and positional sense is very poor for a striker. Sure he's scored some spectacular goals but he's also failed to bury plenty of sitters.

More damning is that he's failed to hold down a first team place under five different managers whilst at Palace.

I'd love him to prove me wrong but I honestly don't think he will ever cut it as a top class striker.

What is going on here? A Nigel writing on our board and not being deluded about one of their own players.

Someone has hacked putdowns account.

Sure every other Nigel says he is the best finisher the world has ever seen.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There's a few contradictions on here, he's either a liability at times or he's worth 10 million and one of the best centre backs in the division. As he's part of the best and meanest centre back partnership in the division why would we want to sell him unless he like Ulloa wants to go.
There's another thing, moving Clubs rarely does much to improve the Player that leaves or the Club they left. They may make more money but there haven't been many barring maybe Lawrenson who made a name for themselves after moving.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Totally agree, he was excellent this season, it will only be when he leaves people will realis how good the lad actually is. He was our top goal scorer the season before too.

I partly agree. He is a lot better than I first thought he was when I first started watching him closely but that said his sending offs and stupid decision making was costly last year. On top of that. Decent central defenders are a lot easier to find. He is not worth £5 million so if you can get it up to 6 or 7 million even better. Lewis' Agent has been angling for a move for ages so I can't see him letting this potential move slip away.

To get that level of money for a non top division central defender is a good deal. Clubs are holding other clubs up for 8 and 9 million for Championship strikers so if we want funds available for a fairly decent strike force I think this would be a good deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the club would accept a bid north of £7m if it comes early enough from a higher league. Naturally, if there are a few suitors, they'll want more.

The stabiliser is not needing to sell. The problem is the rank of the club's who want him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Dunky had to go, I would rather it be to clubs like Southampton (maybe), West Ham (Collins is old), Everton (Jagielka is old) or Spurs (tough one though)

I'd be surprised to see any of those coming in for him. Still, remains to be seen.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If he goes he goes, we'll get a good price for him especially if there's a bidding war.
No point becoming hugely attached to players, I'd like him to stay but these things happen when you miss out on promotion.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
What is going on here? A Nigel writing on our board and not being deluded about one of their own players.

Someone has hacked putdowns account.

Sure every other Nigel says he is the best finisher the world has ever seen.
Putdown has always been one of the most sensible Nigels here, and I think he did participate in our campaign for the AMEX

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I'd be disappointed if he left. Goods definitely outweigh the bads with dunk. Comfortable on the ball, good passer, combative, goal threat and his pace at the back gets us out of trouble regularly.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Dunk's agent obviously wants him to move and good luck to the lad if he does.

He should be wary of going to Palace though - if Pardew has a poor start to the season he will be gone after 10 games and the new man may not rate Mr Dunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here