Palace - sore losers radio show?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very kind of you to say. The 'mongs' are part of the presenting team. Chris normally hosts the show but he was still in Brighton. So Alex (The one who sniffs) was hosting as a one off. I have to admit, if another teams show was giving analysis off the back of hearing it on the radio I'd be the first to rip the piss. Also worth noting we never broadcast on match day as things are a bit tender (and the hosts a bit drunk) - so we probably won't do it again. It was far from one of our better shows.

Presumably your silence on the matter means the racism is a feature of the show then. I like how it's balanced out with persistent homophobia on your message boards. It's nice that your advertisers see the funny side of all your bigotry. They are aware of it, right?

holradio

Oct 7, 2012
Presumably your silence on the matter means the racism is a feature of the show then. I like how it's balanced out with persistent homophobia on your message boards. It's nice that your advertisers see the funny side of all your bigotry. They are aware of it, right?

If by racism you mean a sheep then get a grip. It's called banter and we emailed him post show and he found the funny side and also apologized for claiming one of our players were racist.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If by racism you mean a sheep then get a grip. It's called banter and we emailed him post show and he found the funny side and also apologized for claiming one of our players were racist.

What was the comment one of them said about the Welsh? You know, the one that wasn't the sheep noise. And what's with the foreigners can't speak English slur? Having now heard how some of you Palace fans murder the English language I think you're in no place to start moaning about that.

And casual racism on air followed by an (alleged) private apology is kind of a stupid way to go about things don't you think?

holradio

Oct 7, 2012
What was the comment one of them said about the Welsh? You know, the one that wasn't the sheep noise. And what's with the foreigners can't speak English slur? Having now heard how some of you Palace fans murder the English language I think you're in no place to start moaning about that.

And casual racism on air followed by an (alleged) private apology is kind of a stupid way to go about things don't you think?

:yawn:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Oh sorry matey. It was the attempt to engage you in debate that did it wasn't it? Let me try again.

Err...yeah...summfink innit...sniff...imagine it..Taffy queers...hahaha....don't speak da muvver tongue...too right blud...and dey is well gay...just like...sniff....dem foreigners dat Brighton poofs 'ave...not like us 'ome grown defnitly not gay Sahf Lundners..

repeat ad nauseum.

holradio

Oct 7, 2012
Oh sorry matey. It was the attempt to engage you in debate that did it wasn't it? Let me try again.

Err...yeah...summfink innit...sniff...imagine it..Taffy queers...hahaha....don't speak da muvver tongue...too right blud...and dey is well gay...just like...sniff....dem foreigners dat Brighton poofs 'ave...not like us 'ome grown defnitly not gay Sahf Lundners..

repeat ad nauseum.

I don't want to engage in any debate where the word racism is wrongfully slung about. I've clearly visited this thread and been fair I think. So get off your high horse, that was NOT racism. There is no debate to be had, Buzzer.

holradio

Oct 7, 2012
We're recording a follow up podcast tomorrow night at 7pm with normal host. Perhaps this one will be more balance and we'll answer a few of your criticisms. I'll post a link when it's up.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
We're recording a follow up podcast tomorrow night at 7pm with normal host. Perhaps this one will be more balance and we'll answer a few of your criticisms. I'll post a link when it's up.

Why don't you have a feature where you invite a Brighton fan on to discuss the match? You could invite [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], or [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] to host the phone in. Now THAT would be worth a listen.

holradio

Oct 7, 2012
Why don't you have a feature where you invite a Brighton fan on to discuss the match? You could invite [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION], or [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] to host the phone in. Now THAT would be worth a listen.

If anybody is game, we are. It's as simple as that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Why would our criticisms matter to you?

If we did a show where we indulged in what you did, I expect any resulting criticism on here to have some value and meaning, I would also be mortally embarrassed - it really was truly shit.

But yours is a show by Palace 'fans' for Palace fans. Our opinions shouldn't matter to you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why don't you have a feature where you invite a Brighton fan on to discuss the match? You could invite @Buzzer, or @Bevendean Hillbilly to host the phone in. Now THAT would be worth a listen.

Haha! Last time Bevendean Hillbilly and I got pissed up together and talked football scollobs we ended up walking from Leigh on Sea to Southend in search of pubs whilst singing Good Old Sussex By the Sea in full along the way.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Haha! Last time Bevendean Hillbilly and I got pissed up together and talked football scollobs we ended up walking from Leigh on Sea to Southend in search of pubs whilst singing Good Old Sussex By the Sea in full along the way.

Ah yes...I remember it well.

I like the idea of a holmesdale radio co - host with you though mate...you're famous on BBS as it is!

I'm sure that would be an experience....almost like seven of us in some blokes fiat UNO screeching round Southend trying to get to roots hall before kick off. Just as uncomfortable.

St Moritz

Nov 19, 2012
Ah yes...I remember it well.

I like the idea of a holmesdale radio co - host with you though mate...you're famous on BBS as it is!

I'm sure that would be an experience....almost like seven of us in some blokes fiat UNO screeching round Southend trying to get to roots hall before kick off. Just as uncomfortable.

I'd imagine that bbsradio would sound worse than holradio! We'll be getting the quality control dept in. I listened back this morning and it wasn't the best sounding show we've ever done!
Just be thankful some of our other presenter's weren't on...

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011

banter ? sounded more like some giggling teenage girls trying to cheer themselves up with a boring lame unimaginative old joke after sniveling & trying to convince themselves that their team were better than they actually are.
what a load in ****ing guff !!! who was the quivering voiced fella that sounded like he was going to cry ? "well if thats how you want your team brighton" oh and "they are bullies with some nasty players" aaaaaahahaha & I almost forgot the bit where got really emotional & started going "we get to watch zaha every week, what have you got Brighton ?" come on you know there was a right load of old bollocks spouted on that podcast & as for the "group of mates In the pub" format it sounded more like a group of little misfit lads that had jst had their lunch money nicked "we didnt want lunch anyway" "theyll never get lunch like the lunch we get" "we had the better lunch because i watched someone have a bite & they told me we have the greatest lunches in the history of lunches & if we didnt take tomato out of the blt we could have ended up having spaghetti hoops"
im ****ing embarrest for them after listening to that

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
banter ? sounded more like some giggling teenage girls trying to cheer themselves up with a boring lame unimaginative old joke after sniveling & trying to convince themselves that their team were better than they actually are.
what a load in ****ing guff !!! who was the quivering voiced fella that sounded like he was going to cry ? "well if thats how you want your team brighton" oh and "they are bullies with some nasty players" aaaaaahahaha & I almost forgot the bit where got really emotional & started going "we get to watch zaha every week, what have you got Brighton ?" come on you know there was a right load of old bollocks spouted on that podcast & as for the "group of mates In the pub" format it sounded more like a group of little misfit lads that had jst had their lunch money nicked "we didnt want lunch anyway" "theyll never get lunch like the lunch we get" "we had the better lunch because i watched someone have a bite & they told me we have the greatest lunches in the history of lunches & if we didnt take tomato out of the blt we could have ended up having spaghetti hoops"
im ****ing embarrest for them after listening to that
Will you be tuning in again?

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Will you be tuning in again?

100% mate its comedy gold especially when they lose, those shakey voices as they try & hold back the tears get me every time !!
& the rambling clueless old fella that comes out with random pointless comments is brilliant.
I like to think of him as the podcasts uncle albert "we're lucky at palace because our player know how to talk"
"I wonder how brighton players talk?" "all them foreigners dont know how to talk"
"in 40 years when brighton fans take their grandkids to the amex at some point the unavoidable question is bound to be asked......grandad who were the 1st team at the amex to have a goalkeeper with long nasel hair that needed a little trim? & us palace fans can feel safe in knowledge that it was our mighty team that needed the tweezers & all the nasty nancy boy bully brighton fans will cry"

I cant wait for the next installment I just hope dont clash with the new series of game of thrones because then I'll have a right dilemma on my hands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports