[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Y Ddraig Goch

Sep 28, 2011
What an absolute load of bullshit. You came on here claiming to be ITK and were exposed for the lying joke you are. Again.

If Vieira was first choice why did it take so long to appoint him? Even after everyone else turned the job down and the press named PV it took another 4 weeks to get him to sign the contract. At a time when Palace needed to name a manager quickly because of the huge rebuild needed it took most of the close season to get your alleged number one choice in place because a couple of other “top managers” approached saying they were interested? I’ll say it again, bullshit.

We know Palace is a car crash of a club but your recruitment of Roy’s replacement is a 40 car pile up shutting the M25 in both directions on a bank holiday weekend.

He was certainly an early contender before Favre & Nuno became available https://theathletic.com/2688507/202...appointment-of-patrick-vieira-as-new-manager/

https://theathletic.co.uk/2526751/2...for-key-games-bergwijn-suitors-contact-spurs/

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
16 year old starlet from Peterborough signed, played for the posh 1st team last year… it’s getting quite exciting if I am honest

I know how you feel.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2184977/albion-welcome-new-first-year-professionals/

Look up Evan Ferguson. If you had signed him you would come on here writing........ Its getting quite exciting if I'm honest.
Also look at where Duffus, Fisher, and Gee is from, taking note of how long Duffus and Fisher has been with the Albion. Then every time your PR orientated Chairman talks, just remember to ask yourself "What is it he ain't telling us"

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And another young center back Marc Guehi has signed a five year contract from Chelsea.

The ‘team of the twenties’ beckons (one for the oldies). The ‘team of the eighties’ went so well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

My next door neighbour is a mad Arsenal fan he and myself were watching the palace v Arsenal game in May and he was saying then about Viera going to Palace and just ignored it, when it was announced he sent a Text “saying I told you so” with a winking emoji.

Although as a palace fan I knew nothing!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
My next door neighbour is a mad Arsenal fan he and myself were watching the palace v Arsenal game in May and he was saying then about Viera going to Palace and just ignored it, when it was announced he sent a Text “saying I told you so” with a winking emoji.

Although as a palace fan I knew nothing!

Why was it offered to 100 different people before him then?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The ‘team of the twenties’ beckons (one for the oldies). The ‘team of the eighties’ went so well…

There is a hint of bitterness it that comment.

The title of the thread is Palace fans biggest fear, not just have a go for the sake of it. If you were making these signings you would be excited.

Say you don’t rate the players by all means but harping back to the early 80s is just a bit silly…

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I see Townsend has snubbed you for a bigger club!

Supposedly Andros was offered a short term deal at Palace with a significant wage reduction, to reflect the amount of playing time he could expect next season.

Everton are obviously a bigger club than Palace, or Brighton for that matter, but I'm not sure that has much to do with it. If he can get a decent offer from Everton then good luck to him!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

The title of the thread is Palace fans biggest fear, not just have a go for the sake of it. If you were making these signings you would be excited.

Say you don’t rate the players by all means but harping back to the early 80s is just a bit silly…

No, your arrogant club were a laughing stock in the 80’s. And your fear should be a repeat performance next season with a young ‘talented’ team that is not as talented as you are hoping. My comment is not bitter, and is very relevant.

Quite frankly I am not sure I would be excited by any signing your club has made this summer except maybe the kid from Reading.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Why was it offered to 100 different people before him then?

They are just clutching at straws. He hasn't worked since December. If Parish was that impressed with him, then there was the perfect opportunity to smoothly transition between Hodgson and Vieria. They knew there was a big rebuild on, they knew there was loads out of contract. Yet supposedly the man they rated highly early on, they ignored and decided to see if there was better. The only people that makes sense to seems to be Palace fans.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Mate we've been making these young signings for years now we have an amazing under 23 team and we've been loaning out quality youngsters for the past few seasons. You have signed some ok youngsters but none are premier League proven, apart from 3 or 4 your current squad looks average .... Players like dann and ridewald aren't good enough.

We, on the other hand have proven premier League youngsters and quality internationals. No disrespect but our goalie , defence and midfield are better than yours.

Should be an interesting season ahead.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They are just clutching at straws. He hasn't worked since December. If Parish was that impressed with him, then there was the perfect opportunity to smoothly transition between Hodgson and Vieria. They knew there was a big rebuild on, they knew there was loads out of contract. Yet supposedly the man they rated highly early on, they ignored and decided to see if there was better. The only people that makes sense to seems to be Palace fans.

I am afraid Beaky and co painted themselves into a corner, then had to sign up their umpteenth managerial pick or run out of time to rebuild their decimated squad (so far not too much on the incoming front to get excited about, although one Pal@rse dullard seems very excited).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Good luck to Andros if he gets his move to Everton. He was a good servent for us, but it now seems the plan is for younger players on manageable wages.
He goes with our best wishes.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I hate to ask;but how many of your academy players have made your first team in recent years?

Lol

Mitchell is the only one I can think of… they did have one of the best academies, but that is very much past tense.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good luck to Andros if he gets his move to Everton. He was a good servent for us, but it now seems the plan is for younger players on manageable wages.
He goes with our best wishes.

It does seem that is the ‘plan’ (a concept your leaders seem to struggle with). But the key point is, how many youth can you shove into the first team without an impending implosion! As I say, it is all looking a bit ‘team of the eighties’ mark 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports