[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
He was busted at Liverpool, not up to it. What do we do? How can we shift him? Oh, hello Mr Freedman, so good to talk with you.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

We were hardly going to be able to pick up the phone and steal a key first team player from Liverpool, were we? Unless they had always dreamed of playing for Allardyce's Palace, of course.

You are a very long way from being in a position of selling players for a profit.
At the moment, the players you mention are too important, for you to consider selling.

Other than Wan Bissaka, I can't think of a notable sale in the last 5 or 6 years.
Even then, I think the money was just used to balance the books wasn't it?

Last season, sure. This season we're already working on it. The signing of Chris Richards from Bayern will prepare us for Guehi's inevitable departure, Ebiowei for Olise's, etc.
I'd imagine our Summer next year will look a bit like yours this year.

Wan-Bissaka's £50m sale paid for our wonderful new academy complex, and it looks like we might be bringing him back for a cut price this summer anyway :D

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am just saying and don’t really get the he said she said type argument, but as this thread is called “ palace fans biggest fear” but some of the football palace played yesterday was some of the most exciting football I have seen in 50 years of watching.

So the fear is we lose are players to bigger clubs ? But that surly is the fear of most clubs below 4th ?

I don’t know much about Brightons squad TBH so I am sure you have a few gems but all I can say in Mitchell,Guehi, Andersen, Olisa,Eze,Zaha, Ebiowei are some of the most technical skilled players I have ever seen at palace and I can remember us finishing 3rd in the league ( different times I am aware)

You probably wouldn’t want to but if you like football just watch Eze yesterday he glides over the grass with the ball it’s a joy to watch.

Now Aton villa looked dreadful TBF but the way we attacked them was relentless and a joy to watch.

It’s good times for both our clubs at the moment so let’s enjoy.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
8r32.gif

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We were hardly going to be able to pick up the phone and steal a key first team player from Liverpool, were we? Unless they had always dreamed of playing for Allardyce's Palace, of course.

Last season, sure. This season we're already working on it. The signing of Chris Richards from Bayern will prepare us for Guehi's inevitable departure, Ebiowei for Olise's, etc.

Wan-Bissaka's £50m sale paid for our wonderful new academy complex, and it looks like we might be bringing him back for a cut price this summer anyway :D

Following in Zaha's footsteps, flops at Man Utd, returns to Palace, all he will have to do next is whinge about not being allowed to move every other summer.
Zaha finally looking the player you lot have always thought he was though, looks like Viera is getting the best from him consistently. I think our matches this season could be very entertaining and quite even. Though I would enjoy a very one sided victory, our clubs being at a similar level is where our rivalry comes from, so I love it when we are on similar footings, there is real tension, and the points matter.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I am just saying and don’t really get the he said she said type argument, but as this thread is called “ palace fans biggest fear” but some of the football palace played yesterday was some of the most exciting football I have seen in 50 years of watching.

So the fear is we lose are players to bigger clubs ? But that surly is the fear of most clubs below 4th ?

I don’t know much about Brightons squad TBH so I am sure you have a few gems but all I can say in Mitchell,Guehi, Andersen, Olisa,Eze,Zaha, Ebiowei are some of the most technical skilled players I have ever seen at palace and I can remember us finishing 3rd in the league ( different times I am aware)

You probably wouldn’t want to but if you like football just watch Eze yesterday he glides over the grass with the ball it’s a joy to watch.

Now Aton villa looked dreadful TBF but the way we attacked them was relentless and a joy to watch.

Last para I totally agree with. Viera seems to be working wonders and we have been on an upward trajectory for years.

As for best football in 50 years and the view of some of your players, all football fans have an overblown view of their players but Palace fans always seem to get particularly giddy.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

That is sensationally optimistic.
It sounds to me that you are currently in the stage of building squad cover, not replacements for future sales.
You have a strong first 11, but a bad set of injuries to key players will leave you in trouble.

We have 3 excellent Centre backs in our first 11 with 3 strong Championship level players in reserve and a 4th sold for £10m this summer.
Similarly in the middle of the park we have sold our best player and have a better one coming in to replace him, with 3 other full internationals on the books who are well capable of performing in that role.

You are a very long way away from having a summer like ours.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I hoped we would sign Eze from QPR, but I thought your club paid too much for him to get the deal done. You would know better, but I don't think he matched expectations in his first season, and then the achiles injury start of last season meant he didn't get on the pitch much, so I am glad for the player it's finally working out.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Chelsea probably thinking in the £30/40m ballpark.

Beaky willing to drop his asking price to £650m allegedly.

So closer than ever before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports