[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well we don't actually know what advice was given by the medical team

So you think the medical team may have said that Olise couldn't play the first half, but could play the second? And you think the player and manager went 'oh yeah, that makes sense'?

Nonsense.

we've got Hodgson's comments which judging by the pressure on his job, may be true or not true.

They're either BS, or he's said what he meant wrong (they could have said Olise shouldn't play the whole game, and Hodgson has said ok, just one half, and I'd rather it be the second half. But medical teams don't specify which half a play can play, because that would be bloody stupid.

But whether a player is fit to play for 5 mins or 45 mins, the principle holds. Returning players usually will be fit to play some part of the game, but not the whole match. The medical team can give a recommendation of the maximum number of minutes, but this is mostly guesswork. What they are trying to do is manage and balance the risk on him playing. It's nonsensical to say that if a returning player plays 45 mins he will get injured and if he only plays 20 he definitely won't.

Yes I agree and have said as much. As you say, it's managing the risk. It is a risk. It's a risk you don't take when you're already 3-0 down.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

OK. Not in that picture they aren't!! Look like they're off to a high school prom!
That seems to be the most recent picture that google throws up. I'd imagine that Steve is such a massive embarrassment, that they are too ashamed to be seen with him for long enough for anyone to get a photo.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So you think the medical team may have said that Olise couldn't play the first half, but could play the second? And you think the player and manager went 'oh yeah, that makes sense'?

Nonsense.
Perfectly conceivable they gave an estimate of 45 mins max. Obviously it is not their job to say which half that would account for

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Perfectly conceivable they gave an estimate of 45 mins max. Obviously it is not their job to say which half that would account for
Yes, that's my point. Hodgy said he was told second half, not first.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bloody hell.

Chris: Clearly it wasn’t a great performance however I think the score line makes it look much worse. We gifted them three goals in the first half and they didn’t have too many decent chances other than that. Also if you take the two best players out of any team then it’s never going by to go well. Guehi going off injured was the game changer for me. BBC Comments.

We only played at full beans for the first half. And what part of ‘bad’ does this joker not understand in allowing us to have a ‘keep ball training session’ for most of the 2nd half as their clueless clowns hardly got a touch of the ball.

Last edited:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Bloody hell.

Chris: Clearly it wasn’t a great performance however I think the score line makes it look much worse. We gifted them three goals in the first half and they didn’t have too many decent chances other than that. Also if you take the two best players out of any team then it’s never going by to go well. Guehi going off injured was the game changer for me. BBC Comments.

We only played at full beans for the first half. And what part of ‘bad’ does this joker not understand in allowing us to have a ‘keep ball training session’ for most of the 2nd half as their clueless clowns hardly got a touch of the ball.
Was he talking about us or them missing the two best players? You could argue we were missing a few who could claim that crown. But we coped ok...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lots to enjoy in this...

Souness hasn't got a clue.

"Oh, Brighton owe the owner £400m, and Palace aren't in debt, there's your answer"

:rolleyes: :facepalm:

Firstly, Palace went into administration, again, to write off their debts while keeping the ground and players
Secondly, the American owners have put in money.

They're making out like the American owners aren't owed anything, and they'd let the club go for free. No, they'd want hundreds of millions too.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is Souness really that dumb when it comes to company / club finance?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Souness hasn't got a clue.

"Oh, Brighton owe the owner £400m, and Palace aren't in debt, there's your answer"

:rolleyes: :facepalm:

Firstly, Palace went into administration, again, to write off their debts while keeping the ground and players
Secondly, the American owners have put in money.

They're making out like the American owners aren't owed anything, and they'd let the club go for free. No, they'd want hundreds of millions too.
I'm confused about this too.
Our accounts clearly show Tony's investment as a debt.
And yet Palace have had money pumped in by 3 Yanks (£150m-ish) and this isn't referenced as debt in their accounts.

I assume because Tony hasn't converted his investment into shares.
I'm not sure what practical difference this makes

A DULLARD may be able to explain

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports