[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Historian Peter Manning said: “The Crystal Palace football team that played under that name at the Crystal Palace started off as an amateur team in blue and white and eventually became the professional team, owned by the Crystal Palace Company, playing in red and blue in 1905.

“The Crystal Palace Company disappeared from history and the Crystal Palace burnt down in 1936, but the football club continued and still exists in the form of today’s Premier League team, bearing the image of its birthplace in the club badge.”

They burnt their own town!

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Disagree.
Palace have far more to do this summer to continue their improvement and catch up with us.

Any of Bloom's appointment fail and we aren't likely to see that affect results for 2-3 seasons.
Palace have to secure/replace Gallagher/Schlupp/Clyne/MacArthur/Kouyate/Ayew this season.
That's a more crucial level of recruitment than we face.

Clyne/MacArthur/Ayew have all been signed for another season, and Tomkins too. Gallagher will probably be retained by Chelsea. Rumours are that Wan-Bissaka may return from Man U, I personally hope he doesn't though.

Albion have lost Bissouma and Cucurella may go.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Surely we can claim to be started in 1897 if they want to count previous carnations of the club. I'm sure lots of clubs had failed start ups. Bit silly aint it.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Historian Peter Manning said: “The Crystal Palace football team that played under that name at the Crystal Palace started off as an amateur team in blue and white and eventually became the professional team, owned by the Crystal Palace Company, playing in red and blue in 1905.

“The Crystal Palace Company disappeared from history and the Crystal Palace burnt down in 1936, but the football club continued and still exists in the form of today’s Premier League team, bearing the image of its birthplace in the club badge.”

Yeah and Brighton burned their own original pier, not once but twice! But the PALACE pier is still there, how ironic.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

You do know Crystal Palace park is about 5 miles from Croydon ( even further from south Croydon that had the fire) and is in the London borough of Bromley?

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
You do know Crystal Palace park is about 5 miles from Croydon ( even further from south Croydon that had the fire) and is in the London borough of Bromley?

Yes my father saw it burned down, and he lived in Addiscombe at the time! Legendary stories about the early Div. 1 days around 1970, when other supporters turned up in droves at Crystal Palace station only to be told they should have gone to Selhurst or Norwood Junction. Probably some still do even now.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Looks like most of their ground and facilities still date from then, so fair enough on that score I guess.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Well if they are the oldest club in existence they are not a good example to anyone. With their administrations and recent history of hooliganism.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Oh, so the Queen is a fan because she lives in a PALACE then?!

Most moronic statement for weeks and it's closed season so there's lots of competition!

I was really struggling to understand the point you were trying to make in that first sentence, and then I read the second and it all became clear. :)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Clyne/MacArthur/Ayew have all been signed for another season, and Tomkins too. Gallagher will probably be retained by Chelsea. Rumours are that Wan-Bissaka may return from Man U, I personally hope he doesn't though.

Really? you think that's a decent come back?

We have lost Bissouma only, so far, and you have lost Gallagher and need to agree terms with Schlupp/Kouyate.

We may sign a replacement, but it's by no means a priority, we have plenty of midfielders to cover the role..
We've been planning for his departure for the past 2 seasons,

We may or may not be losing Cucurella, but it will be our choice if we do.
We also have many young players joining up with the squad following successful loans in the championship and European leagues.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

Tomkins has signed for another season - hahaha. I think we’re happier about that than you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports