[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wouldn’t waste your breath, what do you expected from a Tommy Robinson sympathiser ?

Haha do you just read all the threads you can’t post on just to be nosey pikey boy? :lol: :kiss: I’d try to get out more or stick to your own forums :thumbsup:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Weirdly antagonistic tonight ???

thereichstuff.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Didn’t think homophobia was allowed in today’s society…? But then he did also post a pic in racist connotations previously - he’s on his very last chance before a perm ban - I have it on good authority - he’ll knows who reported him for his last ban though :shrug:

He’s in his 50s - his Mrs could really do us all a favour (yes I was surprised too) and start putting out every now and then - he’s at least get his kicks from something other than his rival tea’ message board then…

Wonder if he was one of those that were running away outside the u23 game at Bromley? Could have been…

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
It’s been explained before and not a excuse for you to take the piss out of it.

Hang on, so you think anyone who laughed at Cantona giving one of your so called fans a very well deserved Kung Fu kick should be ashamed of finding it amusing because of something that happened hours afterwards which the average fan has no idea about?

Moron doesn't even begin to describe you

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Come off it, the link is far from tenuous. The Cantona incident and his subsequent ban turned friction between MU and CP fans up to 11. MU fans were frothing at the mouth about it and this was reflected in the extreme and unnecessary level of violence they used that day. I'm happy to see Palace suffer on the pitch but that's as far as it goes.

Well, are you suggesting we should blame the brilliant Cantona for the disgusting actions of Man U fans? That is just wrong. Sorry. Link is tenuous.

Blame the Man U fans. Linking a murder to the player is just plain nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Anyway, back on topic. The squad is starting to take shape, in terms of numbers, for Palace, remains to be seen if they can create a team from this? Albion still need at least a striker and defender, Nunez looks unfit so what's our other options? We couldn't afford Lukaku but a striker of his size and style would be great.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyway, back on topic. The squad is starting to take shape, in terms of numbers, for Palace, remains to be seen if they can create a team from this? Albion still need at least a striker and defender, Nunez looks unfit so what's our other options? We couldn't afford Lukaku but a striker of his size and style would be great.

With 7 strikers on our books, I'm not convinced that we will sign a striker, unless we can offload what we have.

Everyone agrees that we need more goals, but I have faith that we will see a better return from the combined efforts of Maupay/Trossard/Welbeck/Andone

I also think we can expect a lot more from midfield, which is where we saw very poor returns last season.

I have high hopes that Lallana/Mwepu/Moder/Gross/MacAllister can increase their tallies significantly.
I think we got something like 5 goals from our midfield last season ( excluding Gross's penalties)
It is the area we have to improve on most.

20 goals from our strikers isn't great, but not as big a problem as the lack of goals from midfield (IMO).

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Have to agree with loz ,personally I think there was a link which inflamed the situation

Of course there was mat. This was the main thing shouted during the assault and eventual murder..

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This whole Cantona trail started with [MENTION=21872]eaglesdan[/MENTION] claiming that ooh aah Cantona! was a low blow.

It isn't a low blow. It's banter about a very famous event, that Palace are embarrassed about.
Not one Brighton fan is referencing Paul Nixon's death, when they sing Ooh Aah Cantona!.

There are loads of other chants from both sets of fans, that are far more questionable and offensive than that one.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Have to agree with loz ,personally I think there was a link which inflamed the situation

Inflamed things between Man Utd and Palace, but we have always hated them.

For Palace fans, they may be reminded of the death of one of their supporters when we chant Cantona, but no Brighton fan is thinking of that. However, given some of the shit that Man Utd fans chant and have chanted at them, they may well have that in mind if and when they chant Cantona at Palace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course there was mat. This was the main thing shouted during the assault and eventual murder..

And you know this how? There’s very little reports of what happened that day. There’s been several different versions and I’m not willing to discuss it as it doesn’t matter who was right or wrong, who started it or who was running from who etc - a man’s life was lost - show some ****ing respect you tool.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This whole Cantona trail started with [MENTION=21872]eaglesdan[/MENTION] claiming that ooh aah Cantona! was a low blow.

It isn't a low blow. It's banter about a very famous event, that Palace are embarrassed about.
Not one Brighton fan is referencing Paul Nixon's death, when they sing Ooh Aah Cantona!.

There are loads of other chants from both sets of fans, that are far more questionable and offensive than that one.

Exactly. Pure and simply two separate incidents whether you believe there’s a link or not, commenting on the cantona incident is… erm.. commenting on the cantona incident. Not one BHA fan has done it to glorify the tragic events where a man died. That’s what annoyed me with [MENTION=13734]loz[/MENTION] post - pure assumption and to say ‘pure evil’ is poor from him - he should apologise imo but hey ho everyone’s explained their views on it and not one is so much as 1% being nasty about a fellow human dying - as that type wouldn’t be welcome on here, whoever they ‘support’.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And you know this how? There’s very little reports of what happened that day. There’s been several different versions and I’m not willing to discuss it as it doesn’t matter who was right or wrong, who started it or who was running from who etc - a man’s life was lost - show some ****ing respect you tool.

I know this from someone who was there , how about you show some respect you prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports