Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans being kept in after whistle...?

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
Are they? I mean,the very thought that,after the final whistle,Bha fans will be making their way to car park/P+R buses having to pass our opposing friends seems utterly unthinkable imo. Its bad enough they are going to be also travelling on P+R buses etc. Granted,it can/could/will kick off somewhere,but keeping them in surely has to be considered? The young hi-viz'd stewards & bus controllers used up til now,and 1000's of rival fans milling together,omg! Also,fans of both sides 'bottle-necking' at footbridge to get to Falmer Station could be a tad interesting! Not sure heavy Police prescence is enough. They HAVE to be kept behind. Again,are they?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If we score 5 - i hear it can be done.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Getting fed up with these threads now.

The majority of their fans will be there for football, as will the majority of ours. People who want trouble will probably find it, but NOTHING is going to happen to anyone around the ground with 22,000 people there, likewise on buses and at P+R sites etc etc.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
get a grip and man up,it palace not millwall,it was fine om friday up their,will be fine tues,unless you go looking for it

KLUNK

Mar 30, 2010
East Sussex
I agree most fans will be there for the football. No problems with that. It's just the possibility of fans clashing after game,to P+R area & when it's 'gridlocked' queuing for station etc. Can see it getting ugly,personally. Keeping them in just seems sensible. Just saying...

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
The 'banter' between Leeds and BHA under the bridge fri nearly kicked off and that was 3-3 and they're not rivals! If they have that lack of stewards/police against our biggest rivals after we stuff them tues it could well go! Also in the ground there were hardly any stewards separating the two sets!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
To be honest, if they are going to be kept back it would be good to know beforehand, so I can avoid staying back in the bar myself, and head straight into central Brighton for beer instead.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
alot depends on the game - controversy / late goals will mean aggro if mingling.

a boring 0-0 or 1-0 either way and it will be calm near the stadium.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The 'banter' between Leeds and BHA under the bridge fri nearly kicked off and that was 3-3 and they're not rivals! If they have that lack of stewards/police against our biggest rivals after we stuff them tues it could well go! Also in the ground there were hardly any stewards separating the two sets!

it really didn't.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
What so you just stood under the bridge for two hours did you pal? Stupid place to start anything and plod would love that but it was close!

I was around the bridge area for at least an hour and it wasn't 'kicking off' at all just a bit of banter singing was all. Although one mouthy northern slapper was foaming at the mouth over the barrier but her fella seemed to pull her away.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sod that! Who'll feed the horses.:rolleyes:

Don't worry about the police horses it will be the police dogs who will be ravenous after no food for 12 hours. Why do you think the dog handlers will be wearing their puncture proof protective clothing on Tuesday evening ???

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Don't worry about the police horses it will be the police dogs who will be ravenous after no food for 12 hours. Why do you think the dog handlers will be wearing their puncture proof protective clothing on Tuesday evening ???

It was just a little joke,we're pikies don't you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here