Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan in peace..my opinion of tonight

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You are probably not interested but here it is anyway. I just wanted to try and have a thread without the usual keyboard warrior bullshit.

Just got back to Essex and I'm obviously extatic at the result. I couldn't see it coming for most of the first half though. You were good value for the lead even though I can't remember too many chances apart from the goal. Having said that, at one stage I thought we might be on the end of a tonking.
Second half was a completely different story and we dominated the game.
I won't go on about it but I have to say it will live in the memory for a long time.

Through gritted teeth I have to say the stadium is nice..BUT...what a shit place to get to. No parking anywhere near the place, we drove around for ages and at every turn the yellow jackets appeared. How do you put up with that? It has to be the worst ground I have been to for access..and people say Selhurst is hard to get to?

When you got going, your fans were loud! Why didn't it happen that often though? For most of the game, I heard very little from you. I was a bit disappointed with the atmosphere although I thought we did ok and considering we were behind for most of the game I thought our fans did well.

I had a quick look at a few posts on here before writing this and it says there was some trouble around the ground and at the stations. I didn't see anything at all. We started to walk towards Falmer station for that underpass but turned around when we saw the queue and walked down the A27. If there was some bother then it is hardly a surprise and I'm sure both sets of fans share equal blame for it.

Anyway, a top night out and I'm looking forward to the return at Selhurst with hopefully a similar result! there's no point having a rivalry if we never play each other!

:lolol::lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bloody hell, why are there so many nice Palace fans on here tonight? :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Through gritted teeth I have to say the stadium is nice..BUT...what a shit place to get to. No parking anywhere near the place, we drove around for ages and at every turn the yellow jackets appeared. How do you put up with that? It has to be the worst ground I have been to for access..and people say Selhurst is hard to get to?
By not parking, mainly.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Decent post. We were absolutely shocking. I don't think you were amazing but deserved the win.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Bollocks I aint being nice. Just got back to South London. At 1.30am, what a f***ing shitty little station you have yourselves there....And you want to expand the stadium?! Old Bill didn't have a clue what was going on.

Where was this fantastic team you've all been banging on about? You were dogshit, and we're not even good. Outsung, outplayed, we took the piss, see you at Selhurst?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Car parking is as it in most places not a problem if you know where...i travel by car each match and walk 20 mins..np sunshine..gd to c yur still below us in the table :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bollocks I aint being nice. Just got back to South London. At 1.30am, what a f***ing shitty little station you have yourselves there....And you want to expand the stadium?! Old Bill didn't have a clue what was going on.

Where was this fantastic team you've all been banging on about? You were dogshit, and we're not even good. Outsung, outplayed, we took the piss, see you at Selhurst?

ZZZZZZZZZZ..Lame

Oct 25, 2003

1. we don't own the station

2. worst performance of the season, and in fact for well over a year....the league table would suggest that we've been good so far

3. yes, see you at selhurst

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Grow up ffs. You well & truely deserved to win tonight, but don't start bangin' on about stuff that ain't relavent. I take it you were amongst one of the 2 mobs that emarged fron the station & behaved like complete pricks? Well woop de f***ing do. Evidently grudging respect for your rivals & grace in victory are never gonna be concepts you'll comprehend. Fair play to the majority of your support tonight though - because they'll understand that we're all much the same in the end.

See you next year for the return fixture (if you ain't banged-up in the meantime). :wave:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

Where the fantastic team? Had a day off. Was our worst performance of the season after the 20 minute mark. Very lucky for you guys.

Outsung? Erm, I don't think so...unless you mean the final few minutes when the game was lost.

Clearly there is an acoustic issue if you genuinely believe that.

Sep 28, 2011
Where the fantastic team? Had a day off. Was our worst performance of the season after the 20 minute mark. Very lucky for you guys.

Outsung? Erm, I don't think so...unless you mean the final few minutes when the game was lost.

Clearly there is an acoustic issue if you genuinely believe that.

TBF I think we did - perhaps there was an acoustic issue, i could see your north stand moving arms and everything like they're singing but heard very little - perhaps was the same the other way round - but I was a bit let down by how quiet we were at times!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Grow up ffs. You well & truely deserved to win tonight, but don't start bangin' on about stuff that ain't relavent. I take it you were amongst one of the 2 mobs that emarged fron the station & behaved like complete pricks? Well woop de f***ing do. Evidently grudging respect for your rivals & grace in victory are never gonna be concepts you'll comprehend. Fair play to the majority of your support tonight though - because they'll understand that we're all much the same in the end.

See you next year for the return fixture (if you ain't banged-up in the meantime). :wave:

What isn't relevant? Your team were shit, your train station is shit and your fans are shit. (A fair few Brighton fans agree with all those points if you read this board) f*** knows how long we were waiting at Falmer to jump on a train to Brighton, and again waiting about 30 minutes at Brighton for a train to London. Thank f*** we won, made it just about bearable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What isn't relevant? Your team were shit, your train station is shit and your fans are shit. (A fair few Brighton fans agree with all those points if you read this board) f*** knows how long we were waiting at Falmer to jump on a train to Brighton, and again waiting about 30 minutes at Brighton for a train to London. Thank f*** we won, made it just about bearable.

my heart bleeds for you..life must be so tough being a bore

Oct 25, 2003

it's not "our" train station.......and the club isn't in charge of the train timetables (especially from brighton-london)

one thing that shocked me was that i got the 22.07, i was in the front carriage (the stewards advised us to move down), which wasn't even half full, loads of empty seats with god knows how many people still waiting...christ knows what was going on there

the travel situation won't be resolved until the over dependence on trains is sorted out as they're running on capacity as it is...god knows what it'd be like with 30,000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here