Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace earned £73.2 million from TV rights this season

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
We had heard of him. No idea why he didnt go. No idea why Selhurst wasnt sold after the first administration either (not that I would wish that on them)

Administrators accept any old bid, They don't give a f**k what it is or what the player is worth. They accepted a bid of £250,000 bid for Clyne lol - who then refused to go to. Zaha didn't go because clubs had their eyes on Speroni, Clyne, Fonte, Ambrose, Danns, Moses and Scannell. If you asked any Palace fan at that time who were they most worried about losing none of them would have said Zaha.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not to worry Barrel of Fun

High handed manners? Ha ha.

I'm actually a TA in a special need school, so teaching, but not paid at that level.

I hate to break it to you, but... the vast majority of poeple are working class. We've moved on from the days of pit workers and pit owners,

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Dont you have a display to make for next season? Seriously, when you can say that you have trawled the lowest leagues with the ground being sold from under you then mate you comment. And for those that want to judge this club by those dark dark times (especially those who were not even there) then really they can first learn about us as a club before commenting.
Not at all, many people are able to take pride in their club and the way they've supported it over the years without fulfilling your criteria. You are a bunch of fun though, congratulations!

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
A lot of Palace fans dislike Noades but by not letting Goldberg get his hands on the ground it saved Palace as they still had somewhere to play and could generate reasonable money.

They had to pay rent there for years. Simon Jordan spent £12million to get the ground back... then they went into administration 4 years later.

Feb 14, 2010
A lot of Palace fans dislike Noades but by not letting Goldberg get his hands on the ground it saved Palace as they still had somewhere to play and could generate reasonable money.

There must be a reason why they dont like Noades but from the outside, Noades took on a palace when they were getting between 4000 to 8000 crowds in the modern day Championship. He transformed them, had the Coppell years, took them to a cup final, a third place top flight finish and as you point out, saved their ground from becoming a toys r us like ours. Butthere must be another side to that argument that we dont know about.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
He made one appearance for us during the 09/10 season. You're talking absolute garbage as usual.
It could be argued that the Zaha of the time was Moses who was er..... Sold.

We also lost Fonte of course, who was almost as valuable to our team as Lewis Dunk is to Brighton's, therefore to lose him for anything under 5-6m was a severe blow.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As for this, well as teacher you dont do business and so you dont get that in business you listen to others and a part of that is attending social gathering, such as football, cricket, horse racing and the like. It doesnt mean you are a Chelsea or Arsenal fan because you go to a game. In the same way it doesnt make a teacher from Liverpool a Brighton fan because he comes to Brighton to wear a t shirt and make a speech whilst voting for another strike which obviously is always in term time not the "busy" school holidays

That's just utter bobbins.

You are such a bitter man/woman.

For a 'working class' man, you seem very dismisive of striking. What's your trade?

You clearly know **** all when it comes to 'holidays'. Why don't you investigate what a holiday, for a teahcer, entails before repeating the rubissh you read/hear.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
There must be a reason why they dont like Noades but from the outside, Noades took on a palace when they were getting between 4000 to 8000 crowds in the modern day Championship. He transformed them, had the Coppell years, took them to a cup final, a third place top flight finish and as you point out, saved their ground from becoming a toys r us like ours. Butthere must be another side to that argument that we dont know about.

Two words. Alan Mullary.

Amazed you don't know about that.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
As for this, well as teacher you dont do business and so you dont get that in business you listen to others and a part of that is attending social gathering, such as football, cricket, horse racing and the like. It doesnt mean you are a Chelsea or Arsenal fan because you go to a game. In the same way it doesnt make a teacher from Liverpool a Brighton fan because he comes to Brighton to wear a t shirt and make a speech whilst voting for another strike which obviously is always in term time not the "busy" school holidays

Fvck me, does anyone understand that or is it just me?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The new Sky/BT deal and finishing 11th meant that they are sadly, quids in.

Liverpool earned the most (£97.5 million) and Cardiff the least (£62.1 million).

The Albion will get about £5 million.

And that's the reason I dumped my sky sports subscription. This tv money is completely distorting the game I love and turning most players into inaccessible hired hands who are complete knob heads.

I haven't missed it and used the cash I saved to go to more away games - and loved it. I urge you to do the same. If you so, all this tops pretty bloody quickly.

And that's the reason I dumped my sky sports subscription. This tv money is completely distorting the game I love and turning most players into inaccessible hired hands who are complete knob heads.

I haven't missed it and used the cash I saved to go to more away games - and loved it. I urge you to do the same. If you so, all this tops pretty bloody quickly.

:ffsparr: sorry Trhk:eek:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here