Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace deadline day

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So Palace's transfer dealings as a premier league club are finally over.

A handful of new jesters then.

They'll need to trim the largest squad in Europe for their return to the Championship in a few months time :lolol:

Some of you never learn.
We'll see .

COYP

Oct 1, 2012

They'll need to trim the largest squad in Europe for their return to the Championship in a few months time :lolol:

Sunny side up? Scrambled? Boiled? Sorry, just trying to work out how you'd like the egg on your face if we manage to beat the drop.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some of you never learn.
We'll see .

I think they are good signings. I don't think they improve your starting 11 especially, but it adds some depth, and they are all excellent Championship players for next year, IF the 'worst' happens.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about INCE'S wages?

And Buckley wasn't going anywhere unless we had a replacement, so a late deal if the Ince one had fallen at the last minute was never happening.

Ince is on loan from Blackpool, hence he's on (small club) Championship wages not Premier League ones.

It's also why he won't end up signing permanently, because as soon as he's a free agent, he'll up sticks & head to where the money is.

None of the other clubs chasing Ince were interested in a loan deal, only a permanent move, but not for the wages he'll command in June, hence it was shit or bust for him (literally).

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25

Mmmmmmmmmmm... the handfull of jesters that include Tom Ince, Joe Ledley and Scott Dann, whilst you lose your best player.

You really aren't in a position to criticise our deals are you?

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
If this had been Holloway I would have been a little worried, but TP is a class act and knows what he is doing, plus getting Ian Moody in from Cardiff was a fantastic bit of business. All class players, we are punching a little above our weight.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I think they are good signings. I don't think they improve your starting 11 especially, but it adds some depth, and they are all excellent Championship players for next year, IF the 'worst' happens.

Ledley is class, goes straight into the starting XI as will Ince and probably Dann. Hennessey is a Speroni replacement in the near future and Puncheon had to be signed (but is in great form anyway) to bring Ince to the club on loan.
Most of the media experts think we've strengthened very well for quite reasonable fees (less than £10m all told)

I love the hypocrisy on here. While he's at Palace, Zaha is overrated and nowhere near as good as Ince is who top Premier League class. All of a sudden we sell Zaha and bring Ince to the club, and he's not good enough for the Premier League ???:dunce:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like that you've signed Dann actually. He's building up to be the next Roger Johnson or Hermann Hreidarsson (look it up).

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Think Ledley will go straight into midfield, allowing Ward to go back to right back.
Ince will play, don't know where yet, possible replacing Bolasie.
Dann will most likely come in for the injured Gabbidon.

Agree about a good championship team in the worst case scenario.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sunny side up? Scrambled? Boiled? Sorry, just trying to work out how you'd like the egg on your face if we manage to beat the drop.

Don't care to be honest, just like to remind the unwelcome, infesting trolls that you are down :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ince £1 mill loan fee, minus Dobbies wages till end of season ( approx £ 150 k )
You realise you need to pay Ince?
Ince is on loan from Blackpool, hence he's on (small club) Championship wages not Premier League ones.
Dobbie wouldn't be on prem wages either, they agreed a deal with him when they were in the Championship.

I love the hypocrisy on here. While he's at Palace, Zaha is overrated and nowhere near as good as Ince is who top Premier League class. All of a sudden we sell Zaha and bring Ince to the club, and he's not good enough for the Premier League ???:dunce:
Who has said Ince isn't good enough for the PL? I can't see anyone saying that.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I'm really not bothered. Palace may have signed the new Messiah.......just how do you fit about 40 players into a 25 man squad. Kids in a sweet shop.
Good Old Sussex By The Sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here