Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace crowd

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Watch out , Mr self righteous is on his soap box again ???

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I'm pretty sure that Buzzer's lengthy history of aggressive misrepresentation comes as no surprise to anyone in these parts.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm laughing at him thinking that I was Brighton. Which you were well aware of. But then misrepresenting people is fair game in your book, isn't it.

He made a homophobic comment about you being a Brighton fan and you had a chuckle so clearly you're happy with fellow Palace fans doing that. Rattled about Palace fans chucking coins, not so bothered about them chucking around homophobic jibes. I think that's the sum of it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I'm sorry, are you saying that repeatedly referring to a stranger by their real name on a user forum when they're unhappy with it isn't an attempt at bullying? What do you call it then because there's quite a few studies that would back me up on that.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
He made a homophobic comment about you being a Brighton fan and you had a chuckle so clearly you're happy with fellow Palace fans doing that. Rattled about Palace fans chucking coins, not so bothered about them chucking around homophobic jibes. I think that's the sum of it.

And you misrepresented me. An apology will suffice.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Apologise to you for what? Pointing out your hypocrisy? Nah, it doesn't work like that.

See, here's the thing Buzzer, in your mind you are sure that you know better than other people what they are meaning when they say something. No doubt you are a clever chap, but when someone points out to you that actually you got it wrong about them, you can do the decent thing and apologise. Or you can act as some kind of sociopath and insist that you know better.

Your choice. :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But he's right isn't he? You don't know me from Adam, yet you use my name every single time to reply to me. To make it clear, I'm not happy with you to refer to me by my name all the while you're too gutless to hide behind your own anoninimity. I'm fairly confident you won't give any personal details of your own, so pipe down you feeble coward.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] 's first name is Jackie, btw - I wouldn't normally look at user profiles and give out such info, but he's clearly okay with it. I'll keep his surname and e-mail address off the forum for now though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] 's first name is Jackie, btw - I wouldn't normally look at user profiles and give out such info, but he's clearly okay with it. I'll keep his surname and e-mail address off the forum for now though.

Jackie? You mean Dougie is a woman? Now there's a turn up for the books.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
See here's the thing Buzzer, in your mind you are sure that you know better than other people what they are meaning when they say something. Maybe you are a clever chap, but when someone points out to you that actually you got it wrong about them, you can do the decent thing and apologise. Or you can act as some kind of sociopath and insist that you know better.

Your choice. :)

Ooh, ad hominem now? That ain't gonna work either.

Number one: I stand by what I said, number two: I asked you both to have a word with yourselves given that this is the 21st century and presumably above voting age. Now, if you're insulted by that advice enough to demand a public apology twice and call me a sociopath for refusing then the problem is clearly with you. If on the other hand, you're not really insulted but just pretending to be for the sake of being an arse and getting a cheap insult in, then, once again, the problem is with you.

It's all getting a bit, you know, creepy around here.

Still, at least you haven't got a whole thread dedicated to you on BBS [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] . Not sure what they want to achieve with that though seeing as nobody can look at the place without registering.

Mongs.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jackie...Jackie? Is...is it really you? :ohmy:

big-pictures_t_Jackie-Stallone-0312.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Ooh, ad hominem now? That ain't gonna work either.

Number one: I stand by what I said, number two: I asked you both to have a word with yourselves given that this is the 21st century and presumably above voting age. Now, if you're insulted by that advice enough to demand a public apology twice and call me a sociopath for refusing then the problem is clearly with you. If on the other hand, you're not really insulted but just pretending to be for the sake of being an arse and getting a cheap insult in, then, once again, the problem is with you.

You are wilfully distorting what I have said, which is your usual tactic. As you are well aware, I did not call you a sociopath, and I did not take exception to your advice. My only crime is not to make condemnatory statements according with your personal preferences.

I spoke to you politely, pointed out that you had misrepresented me and asked for you to apologise, which would be the courteous thing to do.

I would be grateful if you would do so.

Thank you. :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Presumably just Too Shy to use her real name on here.

jackie-mag-front-cover.jpg

Is that Steve Penney, bottom left?

Anyway, I'm done here. I've no wish to bully Jackie.

It was merely a quick illustration of the fallacy of internet 'anonymity'.

It took me about 90 seconds to go from checking the users registration e-mail address, to finding them on facebook, and discovering where they work, what school they went to, and what type of DOG they have.

Play nicely on line, people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here