Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace and reading fans doing their bit

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Yep

Biscuit has had a bit of stick, but he must have known it was going to happen and didn't care. Good on you.

I've had a bit of a coating, too. But I honestly think there are plenty of Palace fans who don't want you guys to disappear forever. Certainly that's the case judging by Saturday. I'm very pleased that the reaction was so positive yesterday - OK, we were talking to Reading fans too, and I admit we had to clear off when people started leaving the pub - and at the risk of antagonising people here I'm very proud to be Palace, because we have shown that when the chips are down we are capable of recognising what it means to be a football fan.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Re: Yep

Gosling said:
Biscuit has had a bit of stick, but he must have known it was going to happen and didn't care. Good on you.

I've had a bit of a coating, too. But I honestly think there are plenty of Palace fans who don't want you guys to disappear forever. Certainly that's the case judging by Saturday. I'm very pleased that the reaction was so positive yesterday - OK, we were talking to Reading fans too, and I admit we had to clear off when people started leaving the pub - and at the risk of antagonising people here I'm very proud to be Palace, because we have shown that when the chips are down we are capable of recognising what it means to be a football fan.

hi mate hope all well

good to see the palace fans helping our rivals out when their needed,as you can tell i'm the resident palace fan on the nsc (STILL BANNED FROM THE BBS AS FREEKICKUK)and i have been doing my bit too.football is no good without rivals.

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Brighton Rock

Aah. The mists have cleared, slightly. I guess you were in one of those pics?

Forgive me, but if the punishment for appearing on these boards is expulsion from the BBS then I'll back out of here and wish your campaign all the best. Unless you'd care to dish the BBS dirt in private?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Well done to all who braved the enemy territory yesterday,and a big thank you to Gosling ,Brighton Rock,Royal Ali and his sister:clap2:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Re: Brighton Rock

Gosling said:
Aah. The mists have cleared, slightly. I guess you were in one of those pics?

Forgive me, but if the punishment for appearing on these boards is expulsion from the BBS then I'll back out of here and wish your campaign all the best. Unless you'd care to dish the BBS dirt in private?

no i'm not in one of the pictures
i got banned from the bbs for breaking copyright after missing a warning,but will never slag it off, as the members and the board are fantastic as i live on the south coast now i use north stand chat which is a well run chat site with some very loyal brighton fans,and some good away fans,where i put the palace point of vieu across very well
i do email the palace bbs every month begging to be let back on the board but i still have yet to recive a reply:ban:
help would be very welcome?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
ben andrews girlfriend said:
royal ali - i have now remembered who you look like! our very own chris hyde from pop idol!

met him in the bank a few days ago seem a bit of a geek to me,still bet he's got more money than me in his account?

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Bwian said:
These are the types of images that need to be put together with all of the others and sent to Johnny 2 Jags.

If you like I could ask the owner of these if he would mind you doing that.

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Side conversation point:

Coppell's managerial record versus Palace:

P4, W0, D2, L2, GA 10, GF 2, GD -8 Points: 2/12

Coppell is a Palace fan!

:clap2: ;)

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
RoyalAli said:
Yeah, I'd say that too.
It could have been 4-4 if the strikers had been a bit better on the day.

leave's both teams in with a shot of the playoff's still.have seen the goals on palace world and they were all well taken,freedman and salarko did miss sitters?

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Re: Side conversation point:

Gosling said:

Coppell is a Palace fan!

always will be!:lolol:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
RoyalAli said:
Goater missed a 1 on 1.
I'm pleased with a point, especially after you've picked up so well under Dowie.

very true he should have scored,i dont think many other teams will pick up points at selhurst this season.

have reading got a hard run in

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Rotherham United - Crystal Palace
Nottingham Forest - Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace - Norwich City
West Bromwich Albion Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace - Sunderland
Cardiff City - Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace - West Ham United
Crystal Palace - Wigan Athletic
Crewe Alexandra - Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace - Walsall
Coventry City - Crystal Palace

for palace

boy you have some tuff home game's still like palace reading will need to beat these teams to make the playoffs then no one can say we did not deserve our shot at the premership

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Side conversation point:

Gosling said:

Coppell is a Palace fan!

Ali will tell you. I have always said he is agent Coppell when it comes to playing Palace.

In fact Reading spoiled my prediction for a Palace win :dunce:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scrappy game, maybe due to the wet conditions.

Palace looked by far the better side in the first half and must be gutted they didn't wrap it up then. Reading improved in the second half and probably deserved the draw on that basis. Few real chances though, I can't remember either keeper having many shots to save.

Palace fans' treatment of Gray bordered on embarrassing, Nathan Jones thinks he has it bad because a few people cheered when he was subbed. Gray had a few hundred Palace fans booing his every touch, and singing "get him off" to Elephant Man. I know there's history with his contract situation but I've never heard a player get flak from his own fans like that. I felt really sorry for him.

Goater was crap for Reading, Owusu looked relatively sharp but with little support, Sidwell did ok, Ivar was dodgy in the first half, better in the second.

Gosling

Mar 4, 2004
South London
Got another name for your petition, Lush. Will pm it to you now.

Yes, the booing was a disgrace. I had a go at somebody having a pop at Dougie (30 seconds before he scored!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here